Whose R12 Gordini WAGON??

peujohn

pur-john, not pew-john!
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I might be mistaken, but...

Tonight I think I saw a 12 wagon, red or orange, with a cream or white Gordini stripe. At about 10:15pm Tuesday night, in Coldstream, near the start of the Melba Hwy, heading for Healesville. Anyone know who owns this? And what's the story?

John

ok john it isnt a 12 g wagon . in fact it isa (standard) renault 12 wagon painted red with gordini stripes . i owned the car years ago an it is just a 12 wagon with big ehausr nothing special .

John

From what I have heard about this car, it was bought by a 17 year old owner , the station wagon was in ratty condition, and the engine was on the blink due to a previous owners maintance.

The car was totally re-sprayed with the gordini stripes, It is the spirit of a gordini, as the owner I understand loves the cars.

The engine had to be totally rebuilt due to it's condtion and the following was done.

1283cc engine, shaved head
reground "gordini spec" cam
single side draft weber with custom inlet manifold
custom exhaust extractors
regraphed dizzy
exhaust

So I would say the car should move quite well with the standard "hot up" work done of improving the flow and setting of timing....... the standard rules to hotting up an engine. Not like some dudes around that think a set of extractors or uprated carbie alone is going to get them anymore performance, the whole package has to be done.

I also understand it has Milla Miglia alloy wheels on it as well, if you ring Rob on 0417 363 665 he can provide you with more information on the car etc........

Thats all I know about the car, I hope it gives you the information you need.

Covert:

1283cc engine, shaved head
Hmm, the rare Spanish Spec 1283cc motor!

I've also heard about this car too. Sounds like a very enthusiastic and dedicated owner!

hey only reason i now the car is i owned it about 7 yrs ago an it was just my shitter car to **** with an sti\uff
then i gave it to my mates workshop who had it for 3 yrs as i customer loan car an it was s still a shitter car.
The motor was stuffed an the body also
so yeah it looks good but if u see the oil leaks it has and the fact the extractors they had to cut into the rails inside the engine bay to fit them no thanks my exhuast sytem just as good.
so yeah it loks ok but nothing that special a little differnet but yeah is cool but hey each to there own

hey all,
this is acually my car i have owned it for about 5 months. the car owes me about $200 and i had much fun doing it up. it certainly was a shitter when i started with it, but i have a great set of photos to show the the restoration job undertaken by me and mates, none of us quailfied motor mechanics. in reply to the extractors as opposed to the standard exhaust, it wouldn't make much of a difference on a fantastic 242 second attempt of rob roy hillclimb. but hey im just out having fun and learning heaps in the process. i'm glad to see that my car has envoked such interest, and as a young enthusist it makes me happy to see plenty of other renault 12 competition out there. see you on race day.

hey all,
As you can see by my title as a tadpole i am very new to computers as i've spent most of my time under cars. I've grown up with renaults and picked up as much knowledge from people like Rob.M, Doug. B, Bill. H, and Glenn and Clint. G. These are just a few of the fellow sick puppy's that are responsable for the results on my cars and the fun i'm having in the proccess.

If there is anyone who is interested in the following models, any info or just for a chat, post a reply and i'll be in touch.
: renault 5ls, 10s, 12g rep, 12 wagon, floride and a 16 powered renault special.

How about a R10 SC EFI. Does this fit the interest category ?
Hmmmmm & yes i'm familiar with the sick puppies you name dropped. Dave C often calls me a sick puppy. Welcome to the forum. Are you going to the Renault Round up in November?

Hey, RedHotWagon, did you see the guy at the Chum Creek General Store watching you drive past?

That was me!

John