Who should do it? Air Box That is.

flash

Tadpole
Hi there I have been watching closely the threads related to the After market Induction argument and I am keen to see the results of all the testing.
However my querie is if one did decide to go the CDA BMC Induction Kit for the clio Sport where would one suggest I go in Melbourne? I would love to hear any first hand experiences. One difference I have heard is in relation to where the plumbing starts. One place claims to start it lower down using extra pipe? So what do you guys think Know?
Flash :question:

Last edited:
flash said:
However my querie is if one did decide to go the CDA BMC Induction Kit for the clio Sport where would one suggest I go in Melbourne? I would love to hear any first hand experiences. One difference I have heard is in relation to where the plumbing starts. One place claims to start it lower down using extra pipe? So what do you guys think Know?

And after readign thsoe threads you really thought its wise to start another one? :)
But I got mine from qsz, their web site is www.qsz.com.au, ask for Simon. This place was introduced to me by Grant, we both live in Sydney but we both bought from them. I had a number of email exhanges, and phone call exhanges with the guy. He seems a pretty decent bloke, he likes to give you as much info as he can, and really helps you out, I like that kind of dedication. But you can talk to him personally! He also charges, at the time of purchase a cheaper price then Auto Paris.
As far as where the tube goes, you will get all sorts of answers. the best place is of course outside of the engine! :) but yes as low as possible, but i don't beilieve you need to have additional hoses. To me, its a thing where good enough is enough. I knwo a few people, has goen to the extend of removing one of the fog lights, and have the air come in there! But he has to remove the hose conecting to the box when raining, just to be safe. If you have lots of time, and like to fiddle, by all means! but for me, personally, extra piping isn't worth the extra effort, not to mention raining water problem. Hope this helps.

storms_of_fate said:
And after readign thsoe threads you really thought its wise to start another one? :)
But I got mine from qsz, their web site is www.qsz.com.au, ask for Simon. This place was introduced to me by Grant, we both live in Sydney but we both bought from them. I had a number of email exhanges, and phone call exhanges with the guy. He seems a pretty decent bloke, he likes to give you as much info as he can, and really helps you out, I like that kind of dedication. But you can talk to him personally! He also charges, at the time of purchase a cheaper price then Auto Paris.
As far as where the tube goes, you will get all sorts of answers. the best place is of course outside of the engine! :) but yes as low as possible, but i don't beilieve you need to have additional hoses. To me, its a thing where good enough is enough. I knwo a few people, has goen to the extend of removing one of the fog lights, and have the air come in there! But he has to remove the hose conecting to the box when raining, just to be safe. If you have lots of time, and like to fiddle, by all means! but for me, personally, extra piping isn't worth the extra effort, not to mention raining water problem. Hope this helps.

Yes Karl that few people is me......
Rain is not that bigger deal.... i only remove it just in case.... that is if i know its gonna rain for a few days..... or on heavy rainfall...... with little rain fall the chances of water sucked all the way up to the airbox is highly unlikely.... With no rain in Melb and Sydney.... thats why we have water restrictions(sucks) i havent unplugged it for like 6 months now.....

Chjeers :adrink:

RCS 20L said:
Rain is not that bigger deal.... i only remove it just in case.... that is if i know its gonna rain for a few days..... or on heavy rainfall...... with little rain fall the chances of water sucked all the way up to the airbox is highly unlikely.... With no rain in Melb and Sydney.... thats why we have water restrictions(sucks) i havent unplugged it for like 6 months now.....

Chjeers :adrink:
ahh yes i knew you were floating around somewhere! :)

6 month with out unplugging it is pretty good! What I meant was there are many ways to do it, the way you did it is defiantly the most thought after I have seen, most people like me just have the thing hanging there. But it all depends on flash's spare time or patience or something like that :)

storms_of_fate said:
ahh yes i knew you were floating around somewhere! :)

6 month with out unplugging it is pretty good! What I meant was there are many ways to do it, the way you did it is defiantly the most thought after I have seen, most people like me just have the thing hanging there. But it all depends on flash's spare time or patience or something like that :)

Karl.... Just like to point out to u and FLASH that '''CAI'' means cold air induction.... not HAI- hot air induction.... no point just ducting it inside ur engine bay.... then why spend all that money for.... hehehe maybe for the induction burble.... Do it once and do it properly...
My one was originally ducted where your one was Karl then changed it like an hour later..... :dance: Up to you.... as i like to say..."THE BULLSHIT STOPS WHEN THE CLUTCH DROPS".

RCS 20L said:
"THE BULLSHIT STOPS WHEN THE CLUTCH DROPS".
I like that one.
I'll see what i can do with it, at present i simply don't have the time to fiddle with it. given that I work 7 days, and it looks like that way till next year, hence for me at the moment its good enough.
Also intersted to see how Grant does it after the testing, might give us all some clues.

RCS 20L said:
Rain is not that bigger deal.... i only remove it just in case.... that is if i know its gonna rain for a few days..... or on heavy rainfall......
Tell that to Clio Dave .. with a puddle no deeper then the sidewall of his tyre .. it killed his Clio dead .. that's with the standard intake. Car was written off.

- XTC206 -

storms_of_fate said:
I like that one.
I'll see what i can do with it, at present i simply don't have the time to fiddle with it. given that I work 7 days, and it looks like that way till next year, hence for me at the moment its good enough.
Also intersted to see how Grant does it after the testing, might give us all some clues.

Karl if u need a hand with the ducting just ask away... thats what we're here for right.... Unless u want to come to my shop and i can help u put it in..... :rolleyes: your call.... Im warning u but.... whole bumper comes of and u lose a foggy..... ;)

RCS 20L said:
Karl if u need a hand with the ducting just ask away... thats what we're here for right.... Unless u want to come to my shop and i can help u put it in..... :rolleyes: your call.... Im warning u but.... whole bumper comes of and u lose a foggy..... ;)

you have a shop????

thanks for the offer though :) but for now I'd much rather i have the light thanks. Are you fitting any type of exhaust to match the airbox though? Or have you already done that?

storms_of_fate said:
you have a shop????

thanks for the offer though :) but for now I'd much rather i have the light thanks. Are you fitting any type of exhaust to match the airbox though? Or have you already done that?

Yes i do.... DSIRE4 SOUND have u heard of that name??? well its in LIVERPOOL we been open for over 3 yrs now....

An exhaust... naaa... dont like the thought of paying $1000-$2000 for 1-2 kwatw and heaps of noise..... You know that my muffler fell off right, well thats just like having a straight through muffler.... i guess!! Didnt feel any power gain low or high, just was so damn loud.... i mean loud.... its amazing what that muffler can do to restrict or that sound....
If later on in time i can get cams or cam gears for the clio then i will do the exhaust..... for now its staying how it is....
So have u checked out any exhaust systems?? Custom or off the shelf.... fill us in.... Interested to know.....
Hey KARL dont drop the clutch too quick ahhh :rolleyes:

XTC206 said:
Tell that to Clio Dave .. with a puddle no deeper then the sidewall of his tyre .. it killed his Clio dead .. that's with the standard intake. Car was written off.

- XTC206 -
I absolutely have problems believing that story. In fact I refuse to believe it unless someone can offer further evidence that the incident happened the way it was described (ie walking pace driving through shallow water)

If it was this easy to kill a Clio motor, I'm sure we would have heard about it many more times, even just on this forum...

Europa said:
I absolutely have problems believing that story. In fact I refuse to believe it unless someone can offer further evidence that the incident happened the way it was described (ie walking pace driving through shallow water)

If it was this easy to kill a Clio motor, I'm sure we would have heard about it many more times, even just on this forum...

Same here!!!! No way going that slow over water can kill the engine.....

U know what i reckon... i think he wanted to keep the revs up so the car wont stall or maybe he thinks water might get into the exhaust... i think when the car was in the water it lost traction and the car was red lining for to long..... they say a WRX can only handle 38secs of red line then KABOOM!! I thinnk clio DAve was so nervous and didnt know wat to do and didnt realise he was in the red zone for too long...... :confused:
Dave got a warranty job right... ??

RCS 20L said:
...........snip........

..... they say a WRX can only handle 38secs of red line then KABOOM!!

...........snip........

Does the Rice machine then make Rice puffs? :roflmao:

RCS 20L said:
Yes i do.... DSIRE4 SOUND have u heard of that name??? well its in LIVERPOOL we been open for over 3 yrs now....

An exhaust... naaa... dont like the thought of paying $1000-$2000 for 1-2 kwatw and heaps of noise..... You know that my muffler fell off right, well thats just like having a straight through muffler.... i guess!! Didnt feel any power gain low or high, just was so damn loud.... i mean loud.... its amazing what that muffler can do to restrict or that sound....
If later on in time i can get cams or cam gears for the clio then i will do the exhaust..... for now its staying how it is....
So have u checked out any exhaust systems?? Custom or off the shelf.... fill us in.... Interested to know.....
Hey KARL dont drop the clutch too quick ahhh :rolleyes:

I think I have! but I never go any further west then Auburn, which is where i live. Haha that would have been loud, well when i was at CAS doign teh dyno, there was a rex there which had no cat either... so it was loud, and smoky! that was actually quiet cool, cause they started it up and was doing something, and all you can here the the burble, and see/smell/breathe smoke. It makes you wonder how much smoke and crap the cat can clean!
I'm looking around for exhust systems, I think custom is still the best way to go, unless someone can carve a smeicircle int eh bumper so a small tip can be semi submerged, I don't want tips sicking out, it will ruin the lines. So far, it seems no one has done it with a bit carved out of the bumper... so custom is winning.
drop the clutch too quick??? yeah I do have that problem...car has wanrranty right? :)

flash said:
Hi there I have been watching closely the threads related to the After market Induction argument and I am keen to see the results of all the testing.

BMC induction kit is a waste of money IMO.

Badly fitted, you will lose power, well fitted, you won't gain HP (tested on dynos in France) both on the 2.0 or V6 CRS.

It's just ways more noisy, a very good friend has one on his Mk2 CRS.

Best to do is well remapped ECU and a big full line with a sport cat or decat.