Which tracks have you been to?

Cal

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
There was an interesting thread on the Nostalgia forum about race tracks people have driven or visited. Some of the people over there had been bloody everywhere. Thought I might ask here. Heres's mine:

Driven

Lakeside
Queensland Raceway
Morgan Park
Darlington Park
Mt Cottom Hillclimb
Noosa Hillclimb
Mt Panorama
Nurburgring (Nordschleife)
Monza

Spectated at or checked out

Surfers Paradise International Raceway
Gold Coast CART track
Willowbank Drag Strip
Laguna Seca
Pikes Peak Hillclimb
Brands Hatch
Donington
Goodwood
Rouen
Lemans
Charade
Spa
Fiorano
Zandvoort
Imola
Nurburgring GP Circuit
Monaco

Cheers,

Cal.

Last edited:
not very many :cry:

Mt Panorama - watched 2 litres, supertaxis, 24 hrs and bikes, watched one of the first GP bike practices at Eastern creek.

driven around Gnoo Bla, Mt Panorama & Old vale Crt

Boring but my :2cents:

:cheers:

purrr-geot said:
i ride my bicycle around albert park:)
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ... thats funny.... i've spectated at the noosa hill climb and the rally of queensland

I've been to most of the aussie ones.

Have only driven Symmons Plains (where our couple year absence of the v8s comes to an end this year), and am scored a ticket to a BMW/Mini day at calder with skidpan/hotlaps/etc which should be good fun. Think its about a month away.

Would love to drive bathurst, all or part of the nurburgring, hockenheim.

Done quite a few laps of Oran Park in the 180 :banana:

Driven round Mt Panorama a few times. Spectated at Eastern Creek (woop de do)

Driven past Le Mans & Brands Hatch :rolleyes:

Driven Oran Park South, Wakefield Park, Amaroo Park (in reverse direction on Finlay Driving Course!), Castlecombe (UK), Oran Park Kart, Eastern Creek Kart.
Spectated at Amaroo Park, Oran Park, Eastern Creek, Wakefield, Albert Park, Castlecombe (UK), Silverstone (UK).

My offering:-

Raced on

Ohakea (airfield circuit)
Manfeild
Ruapuna
Dunedin (Road circuit)

Driven

Old Nurburgring

Spectated

Pukekohe
Wellington (Street circuit)
Levels
Bay Park
Bathurst
Calder Park
Albert Park
Goodwood (Festival of Speed)
Sepang

Visited

Silverstone
Donington Park
Hockenheim
Nurburgring (new)
Le Mans
Sandown

Still plenty more to see!!!

kiwi 03 said:
My offering:-

Raced on

Ohakea (airfield circuit)
Manfeild
Ruapuna
Dunedin (Road circuit)

Driven

Old Nurburgring

Spectated

Pukekohe
Wellington (Street circuit)
Levels
Bay Park
Bathurst
Calder Park
Albert Park
Goodwood (Festival of Speed)
Sepang

Visited

Silverstone
Donington Park
Hockenheim
Nurburgring (new)
Le Mans
Sandown

Still plenty more to see!!!

Missed one from the "Visited" list

Monaco

Raced at:
-Calder, long, short, drag strip & thunderdome (Vic)
-Winton, long & short (Vic)
-Sandown (Vic)
-Phillip Island (Vic)
-Oran Park, long (NSW)
-Wakefield (NSW)
-Baskerville (Tas)
-Rob Roy hillclimb (Vic)
-Morwell hillclimb, forwards & backwards (Vic)
-Mangalore airport (Vic)
-Avalon autocross (Vic)

Spectated/Officiated at many other places.

I've only driven my Pug at Sandown though all the others were in MG's.

....oohh Im just so jealous of some of you fellas :cry: :eek:
RACED on Eastern Creek Karts and Fulls size circuit,
Oran park long, short and Karts
Wakefield track, hillclimb and Karts
Lithgow Karts
Wolongong karts
Newcastle karts
Willberforce karts

Spectated
All above, and Bathurst
Phillip Island
WSID
and......as a special treat was taken out in the NSX ACURA Pace Car in the 2000 Indy Car during early saturday practice,... shame it was showering though.-Chris

PS, I want to see/race SPA FRANCHORCHAMPS (spell?), the Brickyard (indy) the new SUZUKA in Japan, and visit SENNA's corner and pay my respects at MONZA.....

CHRI'S16 said:
....and visit SENNA's corner and pay my respects at MONZA.....

That be Imola. The corner on which Senna was killed is call Tamburello. It is the first left after the start\finish line. When I went there last year there was tour bus full of Brazilian school students paying there repects. Most must have been small children when Senna lost his life.

Cal.

CHRI'S16 said:
I want to see/race SPA FRANCHORCHAMPS

You can drive most of the old Spa GP circuit as it was a public road. Some of it is gone, but a great deal still remains including the fearsome Masta Kink.

Cal.

Cal said:
That be Imola. The corner on which Senna was killed is call Tamburello. It is the first left after the start\finish line. When I went there last year there was tour bus full of Brazilian school students paying there repects. Most must have been small children when Senna lost his life.

Cal.
...i stand corrected.... which is very embarassing for a BIG Senna Fan, the day it happened I was watching a delayed telecast late at night of the race, I think Ayrton would have won that season..... shame.---- Chris

PS, CAL, is SPA actually a place or is that the name of the Track, if not were exactly is it. I know VERY little about it, Im gald the F1's are making a return... every one that has either raced or watched there says its the best?! what do you think.

From my understanding, my younger sister did a one year school exchange to Belgium and was 20 mins from the circuit, Spa is a town and i assume francochamps is too thus the circuit was once just closed off public roads between the two villages. Ive got a couple of photos she took for me and a postcard the gives a good impression of surrounding roads to the present circuit. Ill scan them this weekend and post em.

PS yeah it's awesome that the gp has be re-instated coz its an awesome circuit. I saw some old footage from the 60's of them goin round, absolutely crazy!!

Jensen

There's a group of guys from the Victorian MGCC going to race at Spa-Francorchamps this September (It is two towns). They are taking two almost identical MGB's over for a Historic 6hr race for pre-1965 cars. My old car is one of the cars going, I almost got to go also but have changed jobs and don't have any leave :( . They are up against all sorts of cars including GT40's, E-types, not sure about any French cars though?

Check out http://www.iqt.com.au/mg/spa2004.htm