Which is better: XM or R25 Baccara?

deja vu 25

Fellow Frogger
Hi

Noticed in an old issue of Wheels that they had a one page test on the R25 Baccara and the Citroen XM. I wish I could find that article because it would be interesting to see what they had to say.

Has anyone experienced driving, or riding in either of both of these fine machines?

Luke

Luke this topic will end up being massive I think. We are talking about 2 fantastic cars here any of many variants. :D

All other things being equal, I'd take an XM over a 25....

The 25 is a good and often underrated car, yet is a fair bit older in design than the XM....and in a slightly different market (the XM was a $80,000+ in it's time)

The XM is much more of an "experience" than the 25 :D

My 25 experience is limited to the 4cyls though....

The R25 Bacarra was $80 K in Aus when it was sold in 1990-1991.

Yes, the R25 dates back to 1983. I am sure the XM is a fine car too. I have noticed some quite cheap XM's going for 12 - 14K. I wish I could fuind a Baccara for that money.

Hi

I am sure it was either May, Jun, Jul or Aug 1990 or 1991. I think 1990 though.

I remember reading something about the early XM's having a lot of trouble with oxidising connectors - causing many component failures. I think later it was fixed by changing the connector metal (gold?)

Modern Motor (now Motor) Janurary '91 has a comparison. The XM wins because the R25 is let down by the interior :confused: and it's on the limit handling, going by the editor of the article.
I'd prefer the XM, just for it's radical looks!
cheers! Cheers Renomad

"why be normal"

Ah Jan 1991, I was out by a few months!! Sorry. I still tholught there was an article in june july of '90 though.

Oh, I think the R25 Baccara interior is sweet! So much leather and alcantara! It even has a leather suit case in the boot.

lUKE