Wheeler dealer mi16

1pugnut

Fellow Frogger
This makes me regret selling my 94 MI16 what a great car. I was amazed at the price they got for it, and the most amount of profit that they have ever made. Enjoy

I watched this episode yesterday. Me thinks, I really must get my '92 Mi16 up and back on the road. The silly part about it is that it won't take much to achieve.

I think profit wise the Mi16 would come in at number four, after the Healy 3000, '64 Corvette and Lancia Fulvia.
Still serious money though.

The car in the program is identical to mine, which also looks new even though I bought it with 245,0000 km on the clock.. I smiled watching the clip just now, I had taken it out yesterday for its bi-weekly blast on the mountain road. I just love this car, especially now that the silly electric ABS had been removed.

Wow. Serious money now. Australian delivered cars had Bosch ABS, which was a lot better than the Bendix system. My car no longer has Bendix ABS either.

Wow. Serious money now. Australian delivered cars had Bosch ABS, which was a lot better than the Bendix system. My car no longer has Bendix ABS either.
They are getting up there quickly, especially red ones with the XU9J4 engines that are extremely hard to find in decent and original condition. The white ones go for a few thousand less, and later ones in other colors for several thousand less. Series 2 cars in average condition and not white or red, are listed for 12,000 euro or more. In the meantime, base 405 models in excellent condition sell for around 1,000 euro. Prices for the performance versions of older Peugeots are getting up there. Good 504 V6 coupes start at 20,000, original 205 Rallye with the 1,3 engine go for 25,000, 205 GTi 1.9 for 12-15,000, series 1 106 with the 1,3 liter for 15,000, 309 GTi16 for 20,000, and now the 306 are beginning to appreciate: 2.0 8v XSi go for 12,000, series 1 S16 for 10,000, GTI 6 for 5-7,000. Meanwhile, all these special editions are available in small numbers and don't come up for sale often. And all the base models are dirt cheap and plentiful, so there are plenty of conversions. A friend of mine just bought a 205 GTi 1.9 and had it shipped sight unseen because it listed for 6,000, only to find out that it is a conversion from a 205 junior. He still loves the car and he is focused on the fact that it was an entertainment and not an investment buy, so a bargain (although the fact that in his eagerness to be the first to get to that "bargain" he didn't even ask for a chassis plate photo, stings a little). My white 405 that we are converting to a rally car is also a conversion from a crashed series 1 Mi16. And this way I don't have to feel bad about ruining an original hard to find car to convert to a rally car. This what I had intended to do with the red one, but when it finally arrived, I didn't have the heart to to it. It was an original owner car, it belonged to a teacher in a small town in Serbia and looked so new that I couldn't believe had 245,000 km on the clock.

Funny how the “value pecking order” works. I got hold of an MI16 for my 1st year apprentice mechanic son, and took a while to convince him about what he had. Not surprising with young blokes liking high hp Jap cars etc. Seems like a Series 1 Red, Luxury Pack complete and accident/rust free was like the Holy Grail.

I kept waiting for the timing belt to go. No mention of checking or replacing it.
I know. I thought of a million things they could have/should have done as part of the service. Did you see all the oil underneath? Oil breather/filler hoses? Water pump?

Also, if you watch this video, it's obvious it had a further pull through. eg look at the new PEUGEOT badge on the boot lid.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 11.18.25 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 11.18.25 am.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 27
I know. I thought of a million things they could have/should have done as part of the service. Did you see all the oil underneath? Oil breather/filler hoses? Water pump?

Also, if you watch this video, it's obvious it had a further pull through. eg look at the new PEUGEOT badge on the boot lid.
I agree. My impression is that they only fix what is broken, leaving the maintenance for the buyer. I have seen sports cars been sold with the rubber on the ARB linkages completely deformed, pads changed but brake calipers not serviced even though they looked like they could use it, etc.. They clearly need to keep costs to a minimum, but still...