Wheel Balancing

kenyabwana

Tadpole
Does anyone know where I can get Peugeot/Renault steel wheels (without centre hole) balanced? Sydney area or Newcastle would be the area that I could take car?wheels.

Hi Ken there has been no answer so far. So here is my suggestion that I used back quite some years ago when i had a C5 with factory mags that had no hole.
After some enquiries at various tire places I discovered some had wheel balancers that they could remove the normal spindle and replace it with a spindle with a flat boss adaptor with various stud patterns for bolting on the wheels. Not sure of the availability of the stud patterns they had but they had mine. The spindle change takes 10 minutes to do so not much time required.
One well known brand tire shop wanted to charge $25 a wheel to do this for a new set of tires ?? and told me that they were the only ones around who could do it ! They were close to the Peugeot dealer. But i found another tire place not far away who did it for no extra charge if I came at a non busy time, and bought a set of tires ! HMM guess where I went ? :rolleyes: ;)
SOO my suggestion is to do the rounds and see what machines the local places have and if they have the adaptors for bolting on the wheels instead of the normal cones used with holes. Note that they may have the adaptors but never knew what they were for ? I could say that I am in Newcastle.
Good luck jaahn
PS I was from Taree years ago !

In Queensland at least, some Bob Jane stores have the adjustable jig to fit any wheel to their balancing machine. Worth a few calls perhaps.

I used to take my Pug 605 to Bob Jane Tamworth to get the wheels balanced. However,

a) it took them 3 goes to get it right, and the first 2 times I was heading home to Armidale after closing time before I realised.

b) I now run Dunlop FM800's on that car, & they don't need balancing (the Pug alloy rims are obviously still good at 28 years old).

Reactions: con
Interesting on the FM800s. I run them on the C5 and the most recent purchase was fitted without balance weights.

I used to take my Pug 605 to Bob Jane Tamworth to get the wheels balanced. However,

a) it took them 3 goes to get it right, and the first 2 times I was heading home to Armidale after closing time before I realised.

b) I now run Dunlop FM800's on that car, & they don't need balancing (the Pug alloy rims are obviously still good at 28 years old).
Interesting on the FM800s. I run them on the C5 and the most recent purchase was fitted without balance weights.
I think most Bob Jane T Marts carried an adapter plate to balance wheels without centres, not sure if they all still do. I personally did away with all my wheels that don't have centres for the reason of having to go somewhere that has an adapter plate.

On the FM800's, these are brilliant tyres and extremely good value for money. I have them fitted to my Laguna ii V6. I haven't really taken any notice of how many balance weights are on each wheel, might have to have a look later.

Reactions: con
My only disappointment with FM800s is that there's no V rated option in 205x65R15, the standard tyre size for the 605 and the Citroen XM (PSA specified V rated tyres for both models).

About 69 posts on this exact matter on this link:

Would there be any chance of contacting the rep from the company who supplies these machines ,for information regarding who they have sold the adaptors to for balancing said wheels , there can't be too many wheel balance machine manufacturrrs surely