WHATS THE BEST VIEWING SPOT AT THE F1! -Melbourne

CHRI'S16

1000+ Posts
AF's .... im heading south of the border and going to rainy melb for the F1.
What are the names of the best spots on the track to see the racing. I'm not too concerned over price etc... - Chris

ps. What are the best underground clubs in Melb?

Hey Chris I was at F1 last year at Senna stand was pretty good about 8 rows back from the start finish line.

As for going out in Melb, we enjoyed it around Chappel St, Melbourne is buzzing F1 time the motor show is also on the same weekend

Cheers

Depends if you want to see cars flying past at 300kph or want to see the ever so slight chance of a passing attempt (which you might as well be in front of the pits for that in today’s F1). Nothing like being there, but the best seat in the house these days is in front of the TV it seems :(

- xTc -

PS: My brother is in the Brabham stand again ... he quite likes it.

What sort of music do you like?

And regarding vantage points, here are some of my favourites :

Inside of Turn 3 you can get very close to the cars. Also one of the big overtaking points on the track.

On the outside of turn 5 is a good vantage point. You will watch the cars accelerate out of turn 4 and then whip past you.. often they get a bit wriggly through turn 5 as well.

The hill on the inside of turn 5 is a great place to relax. You have a big screen right in front of you.

Then entry to turn 6 is often good as well. Schuey stacked here a few years ago and I got a few good close-ups of him and his car getting lifted off the circuit. I took some video footage of the cars here ... and you can really see them working the tyres and generating large slip angles.

On the hill at the entry to turn 9 is pretty good. You can stand right next to the braking marker...and you can hear them slam on the brakes and downchange...often losing a bit of traction mid-corner and then getting all together for the acceleration out of turn 10.

The inside of turn 13 is similar to turn 3. A slow speed corner where you get a good look at the cars. The inside of turn 14 is a little faster. This is one of the trickiest corners on the circuit, and if you watch from the outside of turn 14 you will see who is quick and comitted in that corner and who is just making up the numbers. It is a high accident zone as well... so take care.

I got a great shot of Phillipe Massa grabbing some opposite lock mid-corner from the outside of turn 14 a few years ago. There is also a big TV that you can see from here.

Hope that was helpful!