What's Happening with Vel Satis

There are regularly 5 to 10 Vel Satis used for sale and a handfull of Avantimes in the UK trading post. It is hard to know what is Gospel.

The Vel Satis and Avantime are niche models and doesn't make sense if they were to sell in huge numbers.

So, what about the Vel Statis in AUS? Is there only one?

I don't think we'll be seeing Vel Satis in Australia, except for private imports.

I think the one displayed at the Vic FCD earlier this year was owned by one of the execs. Don't know of any others.

Craig:
The Kangoo is currently being aimed for 3rd quarter 2004 for Oz.. or thereabouts.

Dont think the 4wd will arrive though. Aussies tend to want 350hp 4wds. The new Kangoo 4x4 gets 70kw/95bhp from a 1.6 petrol engine or 62kw/85bhp from a 1.9dCi engine. A perfectly reasonable work car and load carrier. I do wonder how many would sell in Oz though. Will see if they find a market for it to fit into.
Craig,

My perception is that they'll bring in the van versions to compete with the Berlingo and related vehicles. Like you, I'll be surprised if we see the passenger variant. Pity as it is a modern R4 and I reckon I'd live with one happily. But it isn't exactly screaming to sell well in the Oz market I'd say. Similarly the 4WD, as you say. Pity.

JohnW

LukeCass:
How many 607 do they sell per month?
The last figures I saw - 3 per month.

Same number for 406 Coupe sales. Other 406 sales have halved (18 units), C5 and Laguna are doing pretty well (around 60-70 units).

206 is still selling well and the 307 is selling better than any Pug that's seen Aussie shores :)

Just read in a Pommie car mag that there will be a Scenic II 4x4!

cheers! Cheers Renomad

"why be normal"

Excellent. The Csnic II RX4 with the long wheel base and I will certainly have one!!

The successor to the Scenic Rx4 will probably exist. I'm not sure whether what I am reading is pointing to a Scenic II Rx4, or a new SUV 4x4. To clarify, it might be called a Scénic, but given the release date it might be released between the Scénic II Phase II or III which you would expect in 2005 and 2007.

It should be put to production in 2006 and will be on the platform of the next Nissan X-Trail. Shown with the information is a picture of the concept car Koléos. Having seen the Koléos in L'Atelier Renault, its an awesome 4x4 SUV concept, and would be nice if some ideas moved over to it

Oh.. monospace Clio due in 2007, Clio III in 2005 and the new Twingo in 2007. I've also read previously theres a monospace Clio due in 2004.. and from what I can put together its a mix between the Twingo and the Clio to mix up the marketshare a bit and to hold the Twingo over until 2007.

<small>[ 20 September 2003, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]</small>