Whats an immaculate Fuego worth?

mistareno

What is an immaculate Fuego worth these days?
The car is white in color (unmarked).
Everything works perfectly.
A/C, P/S, P/W, C/Locking, Cruise,
14 inch alloy wheels, Good tyres.
No body damage (never been crashed).
No rust.

Mechanically perfect.

Whats the most someones seen a fuego sell for recently??

<small>[ 23 April 2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: mistareno ]</small>

Its worth exactly what someone will pay for it and that should be an increasing price if it is
in excellent condition inside and out.

The most I have paid for that condition car is $3,600 Aus. but would not sell it for $4,500
wouldn't even cover the new parts I have and will put into it!! and of course if the car has
been repainted (top job) then add the cost of painting and of course if new mags and tyres then
add that too.

It would still be the cheapest car for someone to buy if it is in as good a condition as you say.

I always recommend that any buyer of Vintage or classic cars go out and buy the best restored
example of the car he or she wants and you will usually find that the seller can show receipts
far in excess of the selling price asked.

Purely for the reason that enthusiasts spend heaps of money in dribs and drabs and still end up
with an unfinished project and years of expended labour uncosted in the project.

Conversely if you keep a very tight reign on your spending and do most everything yourself
competently then you just might (might!!) see some return for your devotion!!!

Ken

<small>[ 23 April 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Kenfuego ]</small>

In Adelaide the current range seems to be $800 to $2,500ish. However there has been a low (80,000km) car that was advertised about three months ago at $3,500.

I sold my last Fuego for $3000 - that was a bloody good car with only 140,000 km on it and mechanically perfect (except for a lack of A/C gas), new 15" tyres, a new 6 speaker CD stereo and a RWC. It did need a respray (metallic paint had gone funny and it had a few parking dings) and new carpet. I am still pissed I sold it as I am yet to see one in better original condition (much better than restored). But even one that good was still only worth 3 grand....
Like most other french cars in Australia, its a buyers market - dont expect to make money on one (though I did make $1000 on that Fuego, but that was due to good luck in picking it up for a few hundred from someone who had no clue and doing all the work myself)

Richard

Thought it might be yours. Its such a nicely presented car that it should command the best price. If I had it I would consider mothballing
it for a few years until all the el cheapos meet the wreckers yard and they become the classic that they truly are. Best examples then command high
prices. As Haakon has said to me, good straight
examples are getting harder to find particulary
with genuine low mileage.

There are members around who are prepared to spend
quitelarge sums in taking their cars to a concours
condition and as I said earlier, its better to buy
a good one in the first instance.

Sorry can't buy yours as the good wife has made it quite clear...............no more cars!!!!! Anyone for a nice unrestored red 82 Fuego??? Morris minor, Austin Westminster etc etc....

Regards.Ken.

It's not on the market yet, I'm just trying to work out my sums at the moment. I am trying to hold on to it and get a new car (possibly a clio sport).
Regards,
Richard.

Ru serious? Your car's gorgeous....couple of weeks ago i saw one for $5000 'excellent condition' in the paper.

I bought mine for $4800 in '97 with 105000 k's and books....haggled down from $6000 too approve

I shouldve waited a few years though. Remember seeing a trade-in fuego in a yard that was as good as mine and asking $2000. The salesman wanted to sell too, whatever the price (reckon he would've taken half of that...)

Hey Richard,

I bought a Fuego boss kit yesterday (got it for $30 in the box approve ) and the guy is also selling his Fuego (in the trading post).

His asking $5000!!! eek! eek! eek!

Gees, if he gets $5000 (i saw his car - '87 model,paint faded. straight car but nothing special) you should get about 10k for yours :D

Dredging up an old topic I know, but this one sounds like it may be better than average to get an idea of asking price.

Ripped from the Trading Post 18/6/2003

RENAULT FUEGO 1983, gold, 5sp man, a/c, electrics, 6mth reg & RWCert, GB-199, 94,000 genuine klms, with service history, $3,750 (0416) 351202 Williamstown