What is suppose to be attached to the head of a 307 2.0 litre petrol 103KW

PUG 307 CC

Tadpole
Tadpole
Help wanted. Is something suppose to be where the 2 red arrows are??? It is a Peugeot 307 CC with the 103KW engine. This is on the end of the head at the flywheel end of the engine? I am really stressed out that maybe something is missing. I am presently trying to locate engine leak, and wonder is this into the coolant chamber of the head or the oil chamber. What is suppose to be attached to the 2 points? Please help me if you know? I cant find anything on it in the workshop manual, and tried googling it with no luck. There are 4 photos loaded here for you to see. Thanks.
IMG_20230924_150934 resize.jpg
IMG_20230924_150950 resized.jpg
IMG_20230924_151016 resized.jpg
IMG_20230924_151039 resized.jpg

There was a similar enquiry about same hole on a 1.6 307 in which case the answer was provision for engine block heater not fitted to cars sold in warm climates.

Thanks. I have been informed that some cars are fitted with an EGR valve at that point. And that it is nothing to be concerned with as my car apparently did not come with an EGR valve fitted, and that is why it is the way it is. I had someone advise me of all of this, and he confirmed by looking up my car specific by the VIN Number. So all is solved. Now I just need to fix my leak, which I have finally worked out is coming from a leaking cam cover (rocker cover) gasket at the closest point to the firewall. And what a bitch of a spot to get to to replace it, even with removing the scuttle plate it wont be easy. Probably why the thing was never fixed by the original owner. I reckon it has been like it for a good couple of years, as there was so much oil and dirt build up underneath. I degreased and scrubbed and scraped. And there is still a bit left behind. I reckon the car is now 100kg lighter..........jokingly LOL!!!. Oh well I will leave that job for another day. Thanks to the AlexB and other viewers.