Welding safety video.

Greenpeace

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
This popped up on my feed today. I realise most will be aware of the hazards outlined, but I have seen on a few threads where members have bought a welder for the first time, so???
I inadvertently did the second way he outlines a number of years ago.
I was in a Bronco engine bay tack welding some exhaust collector flanges in place. It was the middle of summer so I was sweating like a trooper. One flange was quite difficult to access so I was leaning deep down the side of the engine.The earth was on the front of the block and I had my temple resting against the back corner of the alloy rocker cover. Obviously when I struck the arc it didn't kill me (100 amp setting) but it sure did ruin my f#cking day.🤯
Anyhoo someone might get something out of it.🤷‍♂️

This popped up on my feed today. I realise most will be aware of the hazards outlined, but I have seen on a few threads where members have bought a welder for the first time, so???
I inadvertently did the second way he outlines a number of years ago.
I was in a Bronco engine bay tack welding some exhaust collector flanges in place. It was the middle of summer so I was sweating like a trooper. One flange was quite difficult to access so I was leaning deep down the side of the engine.The earth was on the front of the block and I had my temple resting against the back corner of the alloy rocker cover. Obviously when I struck the arc it didn't kill me (100 amp setting) but it sure did ruin my f#cking day.🤯
Anyhoo someone might get something out of it.🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I likewise got it in my feed. I am hobby hacker so it was good value. There are additional good tips of additional methods of ruining your day in the comments from experienced welders.

I should get one of those T-shirts that had expert welder crossed out and expert grinder/painter underneath it.