Weird Wires

MR206

Fellow Frogger
when i was cleaning my car the other day, i looked under the drivers seat in my 206 and noticed wires which should be connected to something, The wire has a plastic head which is meant to go into a port, but im not sure wat its for
anyone got similar wires under there seat or hav an idea wat its for?

If it's under the driver's seat, it might have something to do with side impact airbags.

It's probably a provision for that feature, which isn't standard on your car.

Just a guess.

Cheers,

Justin

that's ok
i have wires under mine as well but they are connected
but i have somw under the passenger side that aren't
i've never worried about them
behind the dash of a 604 are a few plugs that look like they should go places as well but they just sit in the middle of nowhere and do nothing
the wires may be for heated seats

I'd imagine it's something to do with the pressure sensor used to detect if you're in the seat or not.

If you're in the seat and the seatbelt isn't on, the seatbelt light lights up on the dash correct?

If there's no one in the seat and the seatbelt isn't done up the light doesn't come on.

I'm not 100% sure on the 206 cos I've never looked but that's my guess :)

Derek.

I would say only 75% of the wiring loom in my S16 is connected to anything worthwhile. I think PSA use the same wiring looms for many different cars to cut costs.

the seat belt light comes on in the 306 wether you are in the seat or not with the engine running
the only time it goes off is when you put the belt on so i'd say the switch for that is in the belt thingy
heated seats were an option in 306's but not out here as far as i know
i think some 405's had them though and the 607 will probably have them
not sure about the 406's but the coupe may have them

I doubt it's the seatbelt sensor, as the seatbelt light only works on the drivers seat in the 307.

Does Peugeot have any seat occupancy sensors? I've seen it in the current Toyota Corolla to (de)activate the passenger airbag.

Cheers,

Justin

Had a similar problem on my GTi6 a while back.
I'd also given the interior a good cleanout, moved the seats fully forward etc,etc & on completion found the airbag warning light came on & stayed on.
Turned out to be the wiring to the seatbelt sensor which was so short that moving the seat fully forward had partially disconected the plug under the seat.
The dealer knew of the problem & had a 'fix' (free) which was a small plastic saddle which held the connector together.
Talk to your dealer-he may know of something similar which activates the seatbelt warning light

Good Luck

Jeff