Weber inlet manifolds

bazzamac

Fellow Frogger
Am after fuel inlet manifolds to suit 45 DCOE side draught Webers and R16 engine. Checked the usual sites like Mecaparts, GBS Alpine and Simons Auto but none have them listed. Does anyone have them for sale or know where I can get them?

John Kitchen, the engineer up the road from me could make a set if need be. He sat in your A110 on the trailer at my place if you remember. I'm sure there would be someone closer to you who could make them also.

Last edited:
I’m chasing a set of the genuine early 12g type ones. They are around 50mm in length as opposed to most aftermarket ones being around 80mm. The ones I’m chasing are to use with the thick 30mm rubber block soft mounts.
I am pretty sure there was somebody in the UK making sets of aftermarket type ones that use a normal o-ring type soft mount and are around 80mm long. They were selling on eBay. I’ll have a look.

Thanks for the link angru. Bustamif also mentioned Salv Sacco. Found the item on Mecaparts but cost without freight is around $A622. The item from the UK is about $A332 delivered and have ordered from Salv Sacco. Thanks all for your comments.

Just drop the turbo Fuego engine in.
Hi Tim

Here is a photo of my Fuego Turbo engine. Might be too big for the A110 so looking at just having side draught Webers and normal exhaust. Will advertise the complete package for sale and if not sold will consider using the engine in the A110 and sell off the remaining bits like the R17 fuel injection system, the turbo, intercooler and oil cooler etc. The engine was built by Justin Eckersley who part owned Alpine Motors in Canberra and was in my Fuego Turbo which I have sold. It ran beautifully up and down the Monaro Highway as a test run and I removed it after that and replaced it with the original A5L motor which was still good. It only has about 100kms on the new motor.

1618273176706.jpeg

Wow. What engine management do you run on that turbo motor? I think I see a crank trigger on the front, and is that wasted spark coils on the back of the head?

I bought some from Salv a couple of years ago. He is very good to deal with and makes lots of other very special go faster stuff for old Renault engines.

Hi Tim

Here is a photo of my Fuego Turbo engine. Might be too big for the A110 so looking at just having side draught Webers and normal exhaust. Will advertise the complete package for sale and if not sold will consider using the engine in the A110 and sell off the remaining bits like the R17 fuel injection system, the turbo, intercooler and oil cooler etc. The engine was built by Justin Eckersley who part owned Alpine Motors in Canberra and was in my Fuego Turbo which I have sold. It ran beautifully up and down the Monaro Highway as a test run and I removed it after that and replaced it with the original A5L motor which was still good. It only has about 100kms on the new motor.

View attachment 132062
But how good would that look when you open the engine lid on the A110! Might send it quickly as well. I challenge you to fit it Barry.
Challenge accepted- YES
Challenge accepted- YES

Hi Tim

View attachment 132062
It'd fit in my car!

Wow. What engine management do you run on that turbo motor? I think I see a crank trigger on the front, and is that wasted spark coils on the back of the head?
Used an old MOTEC computer. It needed a Commodore 64 laptop to program it. As we shot along the Monaro Highway, my companion was changing the settings to maximise torque and boy did it go. Trouble was it keep the fuel injectors on and fuel was diluting the oil. We could not figure out the problem so put in a Microtech system (ofter used on rotary engines) but could not get that to work either plus had trouble connecting the power steering pump in its proper position. So took the motor out and put the A5L motor back in which uses a pressurised carbie and picks up the signal off the flywheel. Yes it is a twin coil on the back of the head.

Hi Tim

View attachment 132062
Awesome looking engine Barry, I reckon it would go close to fitting as the engine bay of the A110 is fairly wide.

The plumbing for the cooling system would need to be worked out, oil cooler on the right and intercooler on the left air intake. or maybe the oil cooler and intercooler share the same air in take and the other intake feeds the engine.

A modern engine management system and it would push the A110 along nicely

Thanks for the explanation of management. What injectors did you run? Wonder if that could have affected continuously fueling. I’m sure there will be a fair bit of interest when you put the motor setup up for sale.

Thanks for the explanation of management. What injectors did you run? Wonder if that could have affected continuously fueling. I’m sure there will be a fair bit of interest when you put the motor setup up for sale.
They were Bosch injectors. Not sure if they were the problem. With hindsight, we did not use the hand controller that came with the Motec and perhaps that might have fixed the issue. I was just so disappointed at the time when it was running so well particularly on full boost. I think it would be a real handful in an A110. It might fit and will certainly fit in an A310 which has much more engine room.