• aussiefrogs will be closing to new forum posts from January 26th, 2022. This will make it a clean 22 years of service to the Australian French car community. The site will remain static after this date and accessible, but not taking any new content. All email addresses, IPs, private messages (conversations), passwords, will be deleted. Only the main forums will be retained after the transition. There will be a link prominently placed forwarding visitors to another forum elsewhere (not affiliated) that is either currently existing or is to exist, that current members here could be found again. Gerry – aussiefrogs.com
  • Tapatalk and Mobile iOS/ Android APPs no longer supported on aussiefrogs.com. Please delete on your device. Use the web interface instead.

Weber carburetor jet sizes

DJ 750

Hi,

I understand that some Simcas (1000, 1100, 1300) were fitted with Weber 1CB1/2 carburetors. Does any one know what size choke tube and jets were fitted in these carburetors?

Thanks

David

JohnW

Too many posts!
Hi,

I understand that some Simcas (1000, 1100, 1300) were fitted with Weber 1CB1/2 carburetors. Does any one know what size choke tube and jets were fitted in these carburetors?

Thanks

David
I'd go and find a UK forum. Just a thought. :) Plenty were sold there I think.

simca1100

I have a factory parts manual for a Simca 1100, in French. My manual only covers cars to 1974.

Most Simca1100s had a Solex carb but the 7CV Simca 1100 Special had a single Weber 36 DCNF, many variations from 36DCNF7 or 8 to 36DCNF34. (depends on year of manufacture, engine capacity and manual or semi-auto.)
The twin carb Simca1100TI had two Webers, 36DCNF17 on the left and 36DCNF18 on the right. (I'm guessing they are mirror images of each other.)
I have specs for all those Weber carbs, I'm happy to look them up for you if one is a match. The manual is in French so I need to know what the French is for Choke Tube and Jet? ( I have Tube Emulsion and Gicleur Principal (Main jet?) and Gicleur Pompe (I'm guessing accelerator pump jet?)

I tried googling "Weber 1CB1/2" and got a page full of Weber barbecues...

Edit: I just tried Weber ICB and got lots of matches. It is ICB not 1CB. (Letter I, not number 1.)

Out of interest, what are you up to? Is it a Simca engine?

Last edited:

schlitzaugen

1000+ Posts
If the carby is a Weber 32-something-something I would hazard a guess the choke is 32mm.

Auxiliary venturi is "centreur", main venturi (I suppose this is the "choke") is diffuseur.

Jet (if you mean air bleeder jet) is "jet".

Last edited: