Water injection

Damien Gardner

1000+ Posts
davemcbean
Yeah the articles were handy i used the info from them and other i found on the web and made my own setup. Based on a gear driven windscreen washer pump 10 Lb with flow blocked. Turned on when the boost reaches 4 Lb it drops the inlet temp from 56 deg C to 46 deg C.
Achieved 4th in class at last hill climb the 3 ahead were a Dick Johnson spec XE V8 falcon 1st, 2nd was a Datsun 1200 with big nissan 6 cyl eng and 3rd was a 70's Corolla 4 door ex 1300cc fitted with Commodore V6 there were 8 entries in over 2Lt Sports sedans so i'm very happ with the results, there is another event this weekend so i'll fiddle with water flow rates via the constant current variable supply to the pump. At present the flow rate is 250ml in 3 minutes and the car uses 1 Litre of Avgas per Kilometre i'm glad it's not a road car. The new camshaft hasn't changed th Hp by much but the torque seems to go on forever i've set the rev limit to 6600rpm although i've had it to 7300 in 3rd gear during a practice session at Morwell Hillclimb
seeya Damien

Damien,

It's great to hear that the water injection is working well. Sounds like you've built a pretty good system. I'd love to see the looks on some peoples' faces when an R10 beats their times. Good luck with all your future hillclimbs.

Regards,
Dave

Thanks Dave,
Tomorrow is the next event & the pressure will be on for sure as i've secured sponsorship in the form of a flat top tow truck transport to each event & really don't want to embarrass myself at the first event, lol
I do get some wierd looks & questions like what the hell in the back of that or is that fair dinkum or you having us on ( the words on the windscreen "BLOWN RENAULT" )
Damien :)

[ 26 January 2002: Message edited by: Damien Gardner ]</p>