Water engine from Toyota

Hmm I will look at that later. If it was not from Toyota I would not bother. 'Water Polariser' or similar magic. Or engineers been drinking too much 'tainted water' at the staff party ?? I will decide later ! :dance:
Jaahn

Not that. It is using current generated by a hydrogen burning engine (creating water) for separation of water put in the fuel tank to generate the fuel. Electrolysis? Or something chemical?

It has the whiff of a perpetual motion machine - I must look up the energy released by combustion compared to energy required for electrolysis.

From my retired Electronics Professor buddy in Belgium - "I suspect that this car is running on H2 made from ammonia."
Yves

Well I believe that is BS. There is no definitive statement about where the power for the electrolysis of the onboard water will come from. It is just hinted about ! So if that is generated by the motor you have more than just a whiff of perpetual motion machine. And we know the efficiency of burning any fuel in an engine is lowish.
YEA NAH just BS.
Jaahn
The tanks underneath look like they are carrying real hydrogen. Possibly made from ammonia as most is currently.

This article would suggest that ordinary hydrolysis isn't the means of refueling this engine. Energy out is less than energy in.

So what is the chemical reaction that they didn't describe?

Why would you use a supply of H2 in order to make more H2 that you then burn? There are losses in every step and so it makes no sense to have any intermediate step. There needs to be some stored energy either electrical or chemical that exceeds the amount to be used in moving the vehicle along. So, it absolutely cannot just be filled with water and drive off. There will also emission issues with H2 fed to a combustion engine.

Hmm I will look at that later. If it was not from Toyota I would not bother. 'Water Polariser' or similar magic. Or engineers been drinking too much 'tainted water' at the staff party ?? I will decide later ! :dance:
Jaahn
Saki.