Watch out for suspicious RS Clio's :-)

Simon

1000+ Posts
Reported on the AUS RS Clio mailing list.

Victoria Police have acquired six RS Clio's for undercover traffic patrol cars.

Well, the Victorian Police have exceptionally good taste.

Ren
cheers!

They might've got the cars very cheap though.

There's probably some marketing benefit for the manufacturer too.

Stuey:
They must have some spare cash - I read last week they'd bought some Cooper S's as well.
Of course the've got some spare cash, and us Victorian motorists all paid for them, good to see there spending our hard earned money wisely.

David.

REN TIN TIN:
Well, the Victorian Police have exceptionally good taste.

Ren
cheers!
Don't forget, they also run a Saab 9-5 Aero interceptor with fluoro orange markings, a taxi-yellow HSV GTO Coupe and countless VY Commodores...

David Cavanagh:
Stuey:
They must have some spare cash - I read last week they'd bought some Cooper S's as well.
Of course the've got some spare cash, and us Victorian motorists all paid for them, good to see there spending our hard earned money wisely.

David.
I'm not sure about the Clios but the Saab 95's and the MINI were, umm, donated for marketing purposes. I would think a similar arangement might be in place for the Clio's.

So dont fret Dave, your $$$ from penalty notices are going to be spent on much more worthwhile pursuits.........like more speed cameras :D :D :D

That's nice to know, more speed cameras, bueaty,
Oh well, as long as they don't put them on the Calder between Airport West and Kyneton I don't really care, Lancefield/Romsey RD would be a good place. So Richard, have you put in an application for transfer to the highway patrol section yet?
Couldn't you convince them that they need an experienced Renault driver (hoon) who really knows how to handle them. You could tell them that the performance and agility of the Clio would need a driver of special talent experienced in the mark, there not just a lazy V8 that any fool can make go fast. Try it, you never know. :D :D :D

David.

Gees a Clio RS is a perennial sleeper as it is...as an Interceptor...talk about a snake in sheeps clothing whip

I can already hear the stories:

"Oh mate i f***'en took the VL for a shakedown at the local maccas right. It was all goin' sweet, everyone was der even da chiks. My VL is so low it scrapes on the ground even when its not moving but anyway, im sitting there doing a demo going spashtic right, revin the shit out of it, smoke goin everywhere, everyone cheering and when im half way though the tread i get sprung by the bloody pigs! These pigs were sitting there right infront of us in a f***'en chiks car! i got canaried for 46 different things! Its bloody unbeleivable"
:rolleyes:

David Cavanagh:
That's nice to know, more speed cameras, bueaty,
Oh well, as long as they don't put them on the Calder between Airport West and Kyneton I don't really care,
David.
sorry Dave, but 7 permanant speed cameras (of the time elapsed variety too I think, so you cant just slow down for them) are going in between the CBD and Malmsbury. Its going to piss me off too cry

Haakon
[/qb]
sorry Dave, but 7 permanant speed cameras (of the time elapsed variety too I think, so you cant just slow down for them) are going in between the CBD and Malmsbury. Its going to piss me off too cry [/QB][/QUOTE]

Haakon, any idea where and when.

<strong>
Haakon
sorry Dave, but 7 permanant speed cameras (of the time elapsed variety too I think, so you cant just slow down for them) are going in between the CBD and Malmsbury. Its going to piss me off too cry
<strong>
Originally posted by David Cavanagh
Haakon, any idea where and when.
What's wrong? Getting nervous Dave??? :D :D :D
Don't worry Dave, I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. How many fuego parts for 3 demerit points???? :D 2_cents whip

<small>[ 10 June 2003, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: mistareno ]</small>

mistareno
[/qb]
What's wrong? Getting nervous Dave??? :D :D :D
Don't worry Dave, I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. How many fuego parts for 3 demerit points???? :D 2_cents whip [/QB][/QUOTE]

What, me nervous?? Check my records Richard I've got all my points, never known me to break the law, I'm just being careful thats all.
Although I went to Echuca on the week end in the MI16 and I'm pretty sure I got my photo taken just south of Echuca.
I'll just wait and see.

David.

Yes, it was my station.
No, it wasn't me.

Mind you if it was me driving, and I got a call to a multiple hit duress alarm, I would be going lights and bells at the same speed or faster IF I beleived it was safe to do so. The level of positive public support that that member has recieved has been amazing (especialy after Neil Mitchell tore strips of the Mr Schuey)
Poilce do have an exemption to the Road Rules if they are acting in good faith at the time and are taking what THEY consider to be due care in what they are doing.
If your wife was being hurt (or worse), would you want the cops doing 60kph to get there???

If the WRX publicity experience is anything to go by, they should be giving Clio Sports to ram-raiders and Renault Genuine "E-Z Theft" toolkits to professional thieves whip

Interesting though
If the Vic speeding policy is so good how com there are more fatalities in Victoria than other states?
Its a bit to much contorl for me NT yes has less people but virtually none and no speed limits.
The NT gov msut get better tax deals.