wanted mechanic recommendation around Petersham Sydney. Renault small job.

jaahn

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi a friend has a problem with the fuel line on his daughters car, 2005 Renault Megan. Due to the leak the car is not able to be driven safely currently. She is bussing to work. He is attempting to obtain a replacement, for the fuel line, between the filter near the tank and the engine, and as it is a push on connector each end not so difficult to replace but behind some shields down there and some clips too I guess.
The plastic tube has split previously near the exhaust and been repaired with fuel line but has got past repair now. But asking mehanics' around there has been met with "sorry we don't work on Renaults". Any suggestion for one, or a mobile mechanic who could go to her home car park ??
Dad lives quite a long way away and I am not able currently to help. It is not a big job if on a hoist but any mechanic could do it even on the ground.
HELP ! Prepared to pay for the job and supply the correct fuel line !
Jaahn

Thanks for that reply, he did contact Jason but it did not work out. He gave another contact but again it did not workout.
So my friend went down today with a used part from a Froggie wrecker and fitted it himself. A long day but finished now and will do the work run tomorrow. The cost of the used plastic fuel line posted was very expensive at $240 o_O but was correct part and arrived very fast !! Hmm I doubt I would have paid that :rolleyes:
Jaahn