Wakefield Park Track day 05/10/2004

qd180

Fellow Frogger
Hey Fellow Frenchies :D

Im heading down to the Park again on the Tues 05/10/2004 for a speed un-limited day

http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/site/frameset.cfm

Cost $80.00 track opens 9-4 sessions run every 20 mins on the hour

Clubcomp lic is $40.00 for the year (this allows you to use the track)

And $20.00 for your helment hire.....free if you got your own :approve:

I went 2 months ago and me and my mates had the whole track to ourselves :headbang:

Please feel free to come along was a great day last time :banana:

If anyones interested meeting place is Liverpool Maccas on hume hwy (its the one near the Shell Service station)

Time would be 7.30m sharpish....

If you miss us then just go straight to the track and we'll see you there

Any last min Changes just keep an eye on this thread

:cheers:

Hi there..........dam im going on the 30th(doh)....would love to hang around euro's.

.......hope you have fun.

david206180 said:
will to try to be there, dont finish work till 0830 tho, so if i can get there i will have to meet you all there, what sort of clothing and foot ware do they require. oh this will be my first track time so i hope this is no problem..:cheers:

Hey Cool,

Another 180 Representing at the track :headbang:

Thats cool last time i went we didnt get to the track till 11ish as one of the other guys was ill :( (i really think that he slept in :mad: )

Also there will be other few first timers coming along so it will be a good day... Most of the guys are sensible and dont wanna damage there babies so there no guard to guard panel bashing

We will definantly be there though so come on down...

Clothing requirements are pretty straight forward.

Full long sleeve shirts and pants and closed shoes...
Bring gloves if you want as gear knob and wheel cop a real workout... A jacket too as its notoriously cold at the Park on some days :)

If you got a helment bring that too, as it will save you hiring one (about 20 bucks from memory)

There's no need for full fireproof race gear (unless you really want to look the part :approve: it really "Will" make you go faster...really!!! :roflmao: )

Just look for the Blue 180 (that''ll be me :cool: )
For updates just keep an eye on this thread.
See ya there

Last edited:
track day

Also forgot :D

For any other first timers coming bring yourself a chair to sit on between sessions... Trust me with this one :rolleyes:

You dont want to be standing between sessions all day long :cheers:

:D
the reason why ive picked a weekday is because its near impossible to get a weekend at wakefield...

For the last 3 months there has not been a free weekend :(

There weekends are always prebooked for racing events, or car clubs etc

I tried to make it as conveinient for all as possible and tacked it onto the day after a long weekend :rolleyes:

This way you can either extend leave or *cough* get sick :deal: and use certifcate :evil:

Hope to see you there...its good to see a few 180 come along.wee might even be able to have our own class race :joker:

Last edited:
bump

Bump

Reminder its next tuesday for any frogs that wanna Go

Meet at 7.30am liverpool maccas (on hume hwy next to Shell servo) or meet at the track

See yous there!

He he thats cool, i didnt pick that day because its my Bday :) :D

And that folks would kill me for not being home that day... :blackeye:

Plus its election day aswell.... :mad:

It will possibly be really busy that day being a rare weekend session....

Ah well :tongue:

If i dont see you Tuesday enjoy the track Satdee its soooooooo cool!

track day

Heya peeps,

Went down and was accompanied by a couple of Toyota Sportivos....

Had a Great time weather a little overcast but only 4 street cars on the day (the other was a early ninties Porsche)

Shod with semi slicks car feels great, turn in more direct and More Grip all over the place :D

Heres some pics (thanks to Dave the silver Corolla)

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 317
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 313
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 300
looks like the perfect day. Empty track and good weather.

lap times? (as Cal already asked). :)

Stopwatch???

Perfect yes....open track and a couple of cars to keep if fun :wink2:

None of us though brought stopwatches :disappr: :blackeye: :cry:

Shame on us...

I would only guestimate a conservative 1.16 - 1.17, was alot quicker than the sportivo guys though!! Go The Frog

Keeping the Sportivos in Lift (toyotas version of V-tec) was difficult for my mates but down the straight barely anything in it, up the back part of the track 180 is a torque monster (well compared to the Corollas) and i was crawling all over the back of the others :evil:

Next time will see if i can get hands on timing equipment (anyone wanna lend for a day :tongue: )

Will probably go again next year once it starts to cool down a bit so hopefully more frogs will be there...a great day indeed!!!