Vinyl trimmed tailored car mats for a D9 406 Coupe

Stephen Murray

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Tadpole
My drivers side car mat is starting to break down where the right heal goes. Can anyone recommend a decent manufacturer please. Cheers

This happened to my D9 sedan as well. I sort of solved the problem by obtaining a rubber floor mat from Supercheap.

This happened to my D9 sedan as well. I sort of solved the problem by obtaining a rubber floor mat from Supercheap.
Thanks Peter, the carpet itself is perfect, its only the mat that has been effected. As a temporary measure I have given it a beating ( :) ) , vacuumed it and worked black sikaflex marine into the exposed webbing and smoothed it all with a big paint scraper. It had a peugeot lion rubber mat on it like dad had in his 504 - I have taken it out as its a bit too rural for a GT :)

Thanks Peter, the carpet itself is perfect, its only the mat that has been effected. As a temporary measure I have given it a beating ( :) ) , vacuumed it and worked black sikaflex marine into the exposed webbing and smoothed it all with a big paint scraper. It had a peugeot lion rubber mat on it like dad had in his 504 - I have taken it out as its a bit too rural for a GT :)
Hi Stephen,

Have you discovered the 406coupe club website in the UK? Might be worth asking there.

Cheers,
Andrew

I have thanks Andrew. Hoping I can get most things here. Shipping has gone mad since covid (some justified some rorting) The Sikaflex solution has come up really well so it will keep me going for months I hope while I find replacements.

Sikaflex sounds like a good idea. Might try it myself.

give the effected area a good clean and vacuum - you will feel where the latex backing has gone crispy. Hold it up to the light - you don't want it to be so degraded that when you force the sikaflex into the exposed webbing that it sqeezes throu to the carpet surface on the other side. Use a nice flat paint scraper to smooth it over the entire crispy area.