Villeneuve to Renault

Jacques will be 35 when his contract runs out at Sauber - I doubt that Ferrari would want him then - The rumour that I heard is that Ferrari want Raikkonen and may be prepared to trade Ross Brawn to McLaren for him. Saw some pictures today of Jacques test in the Renault - 3rd fastest overall - not a bad effort! and of Trulli testing in the Toyota.

It's lucky that Toyota are making mega bucks at the moment - They made something like 1 Trillion Yen profit last year and have enough cash reserves to buy GM and/or Ford. Because they seem to be quite happy to spend it all on their F1 team that has yet to produce any reasonable results. So far they have spent over 1 Billion US on the F1 team with no tangable return on their investment!

gti138 said:
Jacques will be 35 when his contract runs out at Sauber - I doubt that Ferrari would want him then.

ayrton senna arguably and in my book at least the greatest driver to drive an F1 car was 34 and had moved to arguably the best team at the team in 1994 in the form of Williams, and I’m sure he would of been competitive. Rubens Barrichello is now 32 and is racing for what is without doubt the best team in F1 at the moment and is competitive. Schumacer himself is 35. I wouldn't rule out a Villeneuve name returning to Ferrari, as much as I despise Jacques it would be good marketing for Ferrari F1 and he is also a good enough driver.

... ooh I'm liking this thread.

IRL and CART are like super league and old NRL, samething pitching different slogans. Some people call IRL, Indy Rebel League, and CART, Crash and Run Tournament.... :roflmao: due to the ruff driving by people like Paul Tracy. Both these cars are Indy Cars.

Villenuve is notorios at adapting really quickly to diferent race cars, even when he was karting, he could do several different classes and have no problems at winning. I don't care much about what they are like outside of Motorsport, that's their biz, but in the car he gets results.

BAR are only competetive now because of last years testing changes, Renault and BAR came out best, and Williams and McLaren cop the worst of a very raw deal. Briattore and 'bernie' have been wispering into each others ears. The car is still a bastard version of an old Tyrell,.. bet I'll get knackered for that... (chri's16 ducks for cover).

Webber should have been in a better team than Jaguar one season ago. Personally I feel he should be in taking JPM's place at McLaren, his smooth and steady aproach suits the Mclaren's B car better than the Williams which needs to be grabbed by the scruff and thrown around a bit more. Williams should have knabbed G Fishi, he's the most understimated driver in F1.

I have seen lots of Karting footage of Trulli, he's an unusual apple alright. Blinding fast, but like all good Italians, thinks with his heart and lets emotion get in the way. That's why he is off and on sometimes. Very fast though and when he is trully (no pun) ON, for any 1 single given lap he's the 3rd fastest man in F1 history, behind Senna and Hakinnen, 4th is Moss 5th Shumi...

These are big calls im making but that's the beauty of this forum. - Chris

In a new twist to the whole Villeneuve at Renault saga, the rumour going around now is that if B.A.R. are successful in retaining Jenson Button for the 2005 season, Williams will look to Fisichella to partner Webber and Renault keeping Villeneuve as Alonso's team mate. So far all parties mentioned have agreed to this scenario, however, Peter Sauber is on record replying to the question, "What will it take to release Villeneuve from his two year contract with Sauber?"... his response, "A lot."

Extra bit of news everyone should know by now is that Trulli will be seen in a F1 car again this season. He will pilot the Toyota taking over from Zonta in the Japanese GP and he will take over from Panis for the Brazilian GP allowing Zonta to run his home race.

Rich

gti138 said:
It's lucky that Toyota are making mega bucks at the moment - They made something like 1 Trillion Yen profit last year and have enough cash reserves to buy GM and/or Ford. Because they seem to be quite happy to spend it all on their F1 team that has yet to produce any reasonable results. So far they have spent over 1 Billion US on the F1 team with no tangable return on their investment!

Toyota is mega rich for sure. They have the cash to buy GM and Ford an with some tricks could easily buy Daimler-Chrysler as well. But they have said they are in F1 for the long haul - so give 'em time I guess...

Sergetov said:
Toyota is mega rich for sure. They have the cash to buy GM and Ford an with some tricks could easily buy Daimler-Chrysler as well. But they have said they are in F1 for the long haul - so give 'em time I guess...
Well it would be good to see someone else winning - although the cars would still be red! :)