Victorian French Car Day 14 July cancelled?

Simon

1000+ Posts
Can anybody confirm the rumour that the Victorian FCD has been cancelled on 14 July 2002 and shifted to a date in November?

Simon

Hopefully if it's still a goer there will be a wet-weather plan in place (and I don't mean "cancel the event!" type of arrangement!)

I have already booked holidays for the event, so if anyone can provide feedback, a few of use would be most appreciative, especially those of us not living in "The Garden State"

Last rumour I heard was that there was the seemingly usual bickering between the various Vic French car clubs as to who's turn it was etc. etc. :rolleyes:

I know I posted this quite a while ago but obviously people don't read it.
The Vic French Car Day on 14th July is definatly cancelled. The date set at the moment is the last Sunday in November.
There's no arguing about who's turn it is, it's CCCV's turn and they planed it for July the 14th, PCCV expressed concern about having an open display outside in winter after there day was washed out 2 years ago and Citroen agreed and reset the date. Us at RCCV just said CCCV, it's your day, do what you want just keep us informed and thats where we're at.
I've been asking for the date of the Adelaide French car day so we can make sure the two are far enough apart but as yet no ones got back to me.

David.

Trouble is Dave, you read one thing and hear another. I seem to recall either reading or hearing that it was definitely off, and then on and then possibly off again, all very confusing.

Last relevant posting I can find (without trawling through every post in the last 75 days) was started on 23 March - "French Car Day" Last message seemed to indicate it was still on but searching for a venue...

As I had to set my holidays in stone earlier in the year I had to run with it. No problems though, plenty of other things to do and places to go.

As for the Adelaide event, not sure if it's worth the hassle, the current event isn't a patch on what it was about 5 years ago... evil :rolleyes:

Maybe they've given up?

Whats new, another French car day cancelled...as far as i heard, 2000 November was cancelled due to rain (postponed February 2002), November 2001 cancelled (thought we'd have one in Feb again) and now bastille day cancelled. Come on Frog-clubs, get your acts together. Frog day is due.

Yep, that Vic FCD in November 2000 was a doozy. We only found out it had been cancelled after arriving in Melbourne! A good thing I actually enjoy long trips in my R4 :)

For those of you who don't mind heading a bit further north - the NSW French Car Day is definitely going ahead as planned on the 14th July. This year, as in recent years, it is at Brays Bay Reserve Rhodes (Concord) at 10am. Peugeot usually organise the day with assistance from Citroen and Renault. We have been doing it so long it almost organises itself!

We always hold it on the first Sunday closest to the 14th; with Canberra usually holding theirs on the Sunday following. None of our events have been cancelled in my living memory - which goes back at least 10 years of French Car Days.

Cheers
Kevin.
RCCA Social Sec.

Yes it all a bit embarrasing, when it was rained out back in 2000 I don't know why PCCV decided to put it off until 2001 and confussed everything. 2001 should have been CCCV's turn but for some reason there doing this year so you will all have to wait till next year when RCCV do it right again.
Next year should be a big one as it's also RCCV's 50th birthday (and they said we'd never make it).

David.
(RCCV President)

<small>[ 04 June 2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: David Cavanagh ]</small>