Vert Hurlevent Pluriel

vert - The color green
Hurlevent - Place where wind howls

im not sure i like that color

jasC2 said:
vert - The color green
Hurlevent - Place where wind howls

im not sure i like that color

I actually really like that colour on the Plurial. It's much nicer than the "Vert Lentz" - light green. (anyone care to start translating "Lentz"?)
The orange isn't bad, the other colours are too plain for the uniqueness of the Plurial.

Nice choice on the colour JamesII!

OG15 said:
The orange isn't bad, ... Nice choice on the colour JamesII!

Thanks for the complement.

I steered away from the orange because I thought it a little too bold and one could tire of it. Also, I thought it could date. The orange was probably more for someone in their twenties - not "twenty-one and some months" like I am. ("Some" translating literally to dozens of dozens.)

Vert Lentz was my second choice, closely followed by the light blue.

Which is the same translation I got from a Francophile workmate. What a silly name for a colour of a car!

It's not easy being green

Decca

Vert Hurlevent Pluriel.

To the back of the class!
My English/French Cassell's dictionary,[left behind by a convent educated lady in my past],has the word "HurleMent" as meaning, howling; howl, roar, yell.
I could not locate "HurleVent" in any of my dictionaries.

A bit of Babel Fishing eh?

There is such a thing as Hurlevent Warriors which I assume come from the Hurlevent region in Belgium, maybe it means green warrior!! :wink2:

zykyra said:
There is such a thing as Hurlevent Warriors which I assume come from the Hurlevent region in Belgium, maybe it means green warrior!! :wink2:

Now that's starting to make some sense. Well done zyk

I googled it and translated it.Wuthering Heights= Tops of Hurlevent are grounds located at the top of a hill and swept by the winds of the north.

Seems we've sorted out the Vert Hurlevent issue - but I am still wondering if I have the only one in this colour. Has anybody seen another in Australia? :confused: