Vert Hurlevent Pluriel

JamesII

Fellow Frogger
I am the proud owner of a C3 Pluriel. I've had it for a few months now and love it! :approve:

Two questions...
One:
The colour is Vert Hurlevent. I know "vert" is "green" but what does "hurlevent" translate to? I don't want to pre-empt the replies but the translation I got from a Francophile work colleague was not a flattering choice of colour name by Citroen! :rolleyes:
Two:
I am lead to believe that this is the only one in Australia in this colour, being imported by Ateco as the "press" car. Does anybody else know of Vert Hurlevent (dark green) coloured Pluriels in Australia?​

Attachments

• IMG_5890.JPG
    IMG_5890.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,393
  • IMG_5895.JPG
    IMG_5895.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
JamesII said:
I am the proud owner of a C3 Pluriel. I've had it for a few months now and love it! :approve:

Two questions...
One:
The colour is Vert Hurlevent. I know "vert" is "green" but what does "hurlevent" translate to? I don't want to pre-empt the replies but the translation I got from a Francophile work colleague was not a flattering choice of colour name by Citroen! :rolleyes:
Two:
I am lead to believe that this is the only one in Australia in this colour, being imported by Ateco as the "press" car. Does anybody else know of Vert Hurlevent (dark green) coloured Pluriels in Australia?​

I don't know about Pluriels, but there is one dark green C2 in Perth. From what has been said on the board, it is the only one in Australia.

Troy.

Seems to be a place in Belgium amongst other things, perhaps it is very green there?? :cheers:

aussie Citroen site doesnt have that colour so possibly one off import.

and as for Hurlevent . all I can find is that it was the name of a french version of wuthering heights. and I dont know if you want to know that.

'green wuthering heights" hmmmm.

maybe " wuthering green heights"

Decca

I think there's something wrong here ... :eek: :eek: Is daniel ok :eek: It's been a couple of hours and no "I think it's nice" comments yet :disappr:

We might need to send out a search party for him, there must be something wrong :p :bs: :whip: :citplak:

seeya,
Shane L.

JamesII said:

Two questions...
One:
Two:

hmmm, a word related to hurling maybe? :joker:

There is no such translation. The member is located in Queensland am I right? The car seems to have been photographed At Rick Damelians on Parramatta Rd However.
My eyes are weak normally from looking at Pc screens all day, but am I going loopy? :dance:

danielsydney said:
The member is located in Queensland am I right? The car seems to have been photographed At Rick Damelians on Parramatta Rd However.

Nothing wrong with your eyes - just the wonder of internet advertising and inter-state transport. This car is now registered & living in Brisbane.

TroyO said:
Hmmmm, green hurl event. An event involving hurling something green.

Troy.

One of the cit club magazines mentioned an event where club members were hurling spheres (green) into a an overturned GS wheel from twenty paces or some such. "Vert Hurlevent" sounds like a good name for it.

Last edited:
That looks very like the car we had at a NSW Club meeting last year - one of the dealer brought it along - so that would fit with it being a company demo.

P

Paul Smith said:
That looks very like the car we had at a NSW Club meeting last year - one of the dealer brought it along - so that would fit with it being a company demo.

P

It does look like the same car. There were a few of us who took it for a fang around the block. I didn't realise how well a car can handle on two wheels around a roundabout.:drivin::headbang:

I think the phrase "hurlevent" is a contraction of hurl event. Perhaps they invented the colour after a big night out on the absinthe? Thereby coming up with the name (trans)

"green hurl event" - what one does after a night out drinking absinthe, or creme de menthe, midori, green girly fizzy drinks etc etc.

WhatI wonder if member cbg can comment on this one?:adrink::adrink::adrink::adrink:

Perhaps I can be of some assistance.

The google translation of "Hurlevent" from French to English is..... "Hurlevent". :doh:

OG15 said:
Perhaps I can be of some assistance.

The google translation of "Hurlevent" from French to English is..... "Hurlevent". :doh:

I rest my "hurl event" case ,m'lord! :approve: