Velo Solex for sale, Melbourne

I can see why she was fined. That E-Scooter has no pedals and its only means of propulsion is the electric motor. Turns out that was one expensive trip for the school run.
they probably clocked her cruising along at 60km/h .........

they probably clocked her cruising along at 60km/h .........
Yes I think there's a bit more to the story.
Possibly a bit of attitude to the police?
Or suspended/cancelled licence?

This just popped up on my feed regarding an E-bike offence in NSW.
They didn't mi$$ her, that's for sure.
The last sentence in the article sums up NSW's position on petrol engined bicycles.

Yes I think there's a bit more to the story.

In NSW her type of e-bike is considered a moped as it motors on without pedal motion. A moped must be road registered, and thus all the approved helmets and child seat rules also apply.

For all bicycles and electrically assisted e-bikes the road rule is
If you're 16 years or older and not supervising a child under 16 years riding a bike, you can’t ride on the footpath.

Petrol-powered bicycles and other powered bicycles that don't meet the e-bike requirements outlined below are illegal.
You can only use these bikes on private property.
For NSW, the 200 or 500watt limits apply only to electric motor E-Bikes.

All this means the lovely Solex 3800 being petrol powered is illegal on all NSW roads and road-related areas including footpaths and cycle paths and can only be ridden on private property :(

1708642319914.png

source:

In NSW her type of e-bike is considered a moped as it motors on without pedal motion. A moped must be road registered, and thus all the approved helmets and child seat rules also apply.

For all bicycles and electrically assisted e-bikes the road rule is
If you're 16 years or older and not supervising a child under 16 years riding a bike, you can’t ride on the footpath.

Petrol-powered bicycles and other powered bicycles that don't meet the e-bike requirements outlined below are illegal.
You can only use these bikes on private property.
For NSW, the 200 or 500watt limits apply only to electric motor E-Bikes.

All this means the lovely Solex 3800 being petrol powered is illegal on all NSW roads and road-related areas including footpaths and cycle paths and can only be ridden on private property :(

View attachment 237254

source:
I think pretty well all states follow the National Guidelines. The way they write up the individual State legislation can be confusing, some are clearer than others.
Interestingly the national framework for these types of machines was done back in the early '70s, other than the addition of pedalac E-bikes nothing has really changed.
I have a copy downloaded somewhere of the original framework.
They actually say in it, that a <50cc internal combustion engine with an output under (I think it was 1/4HP in the report, which is pretty well 200W), would would be so inefficient that it would not generate enough torque to move the bike and rider, so IC engines were out of the question for an unregistered power assisted bicycle even 50 years ago.🤷‍♂️

Solex sold.... goes to a Geelong collector

but I have been left with :
- two new tyres - one whitewall the other normal...
- and two still in the box tubes, new,
- and two rubber rim tapes, also new

and a book [in French] called 'Restaurez & Reparez Votre VeloSolex'

it is lavishly illustrated with hundreds of step by step photos

the price sticker says I paid Euro 39 for it [about $65]

What offers for the lot?

photos of tyres, tubes and book available upon request by anyone interested

Cheers
Jon

Still keen to find a home for two NEW tyres, tubes and rim tapes

and there must be someone who wants a book on Velo restoration? See previous post for details

were not talking sheep stations and oil wells here are we…. Just want them out of my garage and to someone who can use them

cheers
jon