Vel Satis to come to Oz

I think Renault have gone back to the good old days and have started designing cars like they used to. ie the R16!
I actually like the new Megane II and I definately like the Vel Satis.
If and when I get $80 grand, and I had it to spend solely on a car I would definately buy one.
The reason I drive Renaults is to be a little different, not to mention the fact that they are bloody good cars!
I have been in new Lasers, Mazdas, Commodores etc, and I don't find them any better than my R25! The R25 design is now 19 years old.

I would love to keep my individuality by cruising down the road in a Vel Satis. Yes people would look, and say what the heck was that!!!!
You can't tell me a WRX is a beautiful thing. Boring if you ask me. Have you seen the interior? A renault has never really had a bland interior (except perhaps the R19).

None of us have driven a Vel Satis to compare against and Audi, Volvo, BMW etc, so we can't say a person would be crazy for buying a Vel Satis. If I bought one, I would want to keep it, unless it was leased and I got a newie every three years or so. So deopreciation doesn't bother me too much.

People bought the 12 R25 Baccara's and V6 Monaco's. Remember they were not advertised either. No one knew what they were or if they should fork out $80 G's.

It is different this time. Renault is behind their cars in Australia - and the sale are certainly showing.

Phew

Talk soon

Luke