Vanderbilt at Pebble Beach 2017 !!!

1667123838698.png

Here's an interesting read regarding the early Renault racers and their link to America. It flatteringly refers to the car as a 'Supercar' which I suppose..it was. The text is in French or English, take your pick.

Yes, having read right through the archives it seems that young men of today don't have a monopoly on risky behaviour, it's been going on for a long, long time it would seem.
1669368286380.png

Yes, having read right through the archives it seems that young men of today don't have a monopoly on risky behaviour, it's been going on for a long, long time it would seem. View attachment 213146
I count myself lucky not to have had a powerful car when I was 18..... I'm alive!

It seems that someone else has built an AK replica.. :D

Quite a video!! Thanks. They refer to him as a restorer but he talks of photos and books and the internet - I couldn't make out what he actually started with.

Here's the direct link.
and it is from an automotive Youtube posting place: Sala De Máquinas 360 Momentos

Last edited:
I think the above car is a setting for a publicity shot. Note the clean leggins, nickle plated steering arm and clean wheels and tyres. Also the perfectly clean clothing and moustaches.

This is what they look like when down and dirty..

Note also the quick change rims. It looks like they have both aged a tad in this shot which is a desirable outcome for race drivers.

Untitled.png

Last edited: