Vale Ben Christie, European Autocare, Penrith

Greg

Fellow Frogger
Fellow Froggers,

It is with much sadness that I advise you of the passing of Ben Christie, European Autocare in Penrith.

Ben has been involved with Citroen, to my knowledge, since the 70's & 80's.

Together with his son Denton, they ran European Autocare in Penrith.

Our thoughts are with Denton & his family on this very sad occasion.

Best regards,

Greg Fienberg

Hello

In this time of sadness, we wish Denton and his family our deepest condolences.

Citroën Regards

Brian & Mary

Very sad to hear, I only knew him through dealings with European Autos but always thought of him as a nice bloke. Very gentle soul. Thoughts are with Denton and family.
Regards
Steven

Many of us still have Citroens on the road due to Ben setting up the business many years ago and being able to provide advice, repairs and the occasional spare part. I think I only ever spoke to Ben once on the phone. Very personable gent who is well respected in the Citroen community.

It's good that Denton carries on the business.

Sympathies to the family.

I had a very nice afternoon talking to Ben about the wonderful CX in 2006 while the motor of my CX was in bits. a really nice man, I wish all of his family sincere condolences.

Very sad news.

I have met and spoken with Ben for longer than I care to recall, most recently, only a few weeks ago.

A personal loss, and a loss to the Citroen fraternity.

That is so sad to hear. I was a customer of Ben and Denton many years ago, always a pleasure to chat to and do business with as well.Ben was always very helpful, a genuinely nice human being.
best wishes to Denton
cheers
Marc Cobham

Last edited: