Up-side down chevrons?!

ajpolden

Fellow Frogger
Hey fellas.
Here is a couple of pics of a C3 pluriel seen in launceston, spotted a few times now, I finally have a method of getting photos. You may note that the front chevron badge is up-side down! :eek: :confused:
I makes me wonder who did it? the owner? hopefully not the dealer!
All in all a nice looking car - though a bit "bubbly" for me though.
I'm sure the owner doesn't use this forum, but just in case i blanked out rego nos, hope they don't mind having photos of their car online...
Happy frogging...
Andrew.

Attachments

• Image(019)-edited.jpg
    Image(019)-edited.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 373
  • Image(020)-edited.jpg
    Image(020)-edited.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 359
It's probably been repaired after an accident. Smash repaires just don't seem to understand which way to stick the badges on !!! (just how hard is it to walk to the back of the car and look at the other badge :confused: ).

I've seen DS's around with upside down chevrons. The smash repairers are forgiven in that case, the only badge on the car is the boot badge :roflmao: :roflmao:

seeya,
Shane L.

They've obviously done it to provide a mini airfoil effect by using the points of the chevrons to push through the air. Isn't that obvious:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

It's "slightly sik":cheers:

AxGT's ax has its chevrons in the middle of the bonnet because repairers thought thats where it was meant to go :rolleyes:

Dave

DoubleChevron said:
It's probably been repaired after an accident. Smash repaires just don't seem to understand which way to stick the badges on !!! (just how hard is it to walk to the back of the car and look at the other badge :confused: ).

I've seen DS's around with upside down chevrons. The smash repairers are forgiven in that case, the only badge on the car is the boot badge :roflmao: :roflmao:

seeya,
Shane L.

Wouldn't the owner complain???

Who wants their logo upside down??

Ugh. I should've requested my Chevrons upside down from factory! :cry:

Looks way better!

I think the owner has changed them around so he/she can admire the chevrons as they are driving maybe.
(Hopefully though they are watching the road instead). I like the Pluriel but it would be better in a diesel.....:tongue:

It's an old customising trick. You young fellas just fork out the dollars to customise your cars...in the old days, rearranging things was cheap.
eg OVLOV...VULVA...OLDEN....HOLDON...VOLKSWOGEN...you get the drift. :tongue:

Saw an old truck at the local wheat bin years ago. "BEDBOARD"
Cheers
Mike

Time to confess, my chevrons on my DS boot lid are upside down 'cause my panel man put them that way after repairing the lid. I sort of prefer them that way now, so I'm leaving them to see how many purists notice!

Then there's the downforce created by them pointing at the ground....

And as far as those on the C3 are concerned, far be it from me to argue with M. Citroen, but I reckon it looks right that way!

knucklehead said:
It's an old customising trick. You young fellas just fork out the dollars to customise your cars...in the old days, rearranging things was cheap.
eg OVLOV...VULVA...OLDEN....HOLDON...VOLKSWOGEN...you get the drift. :tongue:

Not to mention the Hang over little bit of scratching changed an R to an H loose the e and the R always brought a smile.

Quite a common stuff up on the panel repairers behalf I think. When I had a front end bingle in my 1st 16V I went to pick it up & it had them upside down!! Also used to see another BX & a red AX driving around Perth with them upside down, you'd think the owners would have realised?? Whenever I saw it I just felt like pulling them up & asking them why!!?? Good way to tell your body repairer has serious attention to detail issues! :nownow:

Dave said:
AxGT's ax has its chevrons in the middle of the bonnet because repairers thought thats where it was meant to go :rolleyes:

Dave
I remember that saga, and it isn't the repairers fault! The later mkII AX (1991 onwards) has the holes for the badge studs in the middle. The mkI AX (1986 to 1991) had the holes to the side, however, this earlier bonnet is no longer available. john s