Tyre pressures for Traction Avant

Mackers

Tadpole
Gidday all! Anyone got any ideas for recommended tyre pressures for a 1954 big boot Slough-built Light 15? I'm currently using 29psi all round, but if anyone has any recommendations for better handling, I'm keen to try. They're the big Michelins.
Cheers, and thanks

From my experience 29 psi sounds about right, you could try incrreasing the pressure anywhere up to say 35psi especially at the front. The rear seems to benefit from being a little softer than the front.

If you have the correct size on the car you don't want to drive the car too fast and wear out the tyres. I had a light 15 which was driven vigorously and got about 20,000 miles, say 35,000 k from the front tyres, got to be quite expensive when they are 300 to 400 dollars to replace.

Thanks Peter - I've upped it to 30 all round in readiness for Tasmania. I'm waiting on new Michelins in about three months anyhow, and I intend to get the front suspension overhauled at the same time.
I've had her nearly two years now and still fall in love each time I get behind the wheel.