TV Adverts

pugrambo

Going slightly mad
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
watching telly over the last couple of weeks at night i had to laugh at the new adverts for Ford
why if fords are such a good car in many an aussies eyes are the ford dealers catching buses and hitch hiking on the road side ???
or is there something that i have missed in there somewhere ?

No, I don't think you missed much. The point of the ad is quite clear. If the dealer can't rely on his Ford to get him anywhere, why should you?!

evil mallet tongue dead dance

Has anyone else actually realised that the truck used in the ford ad looks very much like a Hino but with a ford badge?? :rolleyes:

Ford don't make a truck that size (that I have seen anyway.)

Maybe their marketing department had a few to many a_drink before they wrote the ad?

Jono

Yeah, that Ford ad is terrible dead

I downloaded this really funny (french) Pug 206cc ad, I wish Peugeot had a much stronger advertising campaign out here.

Well, when the Govt. drops tariffs (we hope!) by 5% it will make new french cars more affordable :D
head_ban

Peugeot's been doing a lot of print advertising, especially for the 206 CC. Plenty of $19,990 "Embrace the road" 206 ads on bus stops, trams, etc.

With the way sales are going, I think they're forgiven for not placing much emphasis on TV advertising. A certain rally championship has been doing enough to raise their profile :)

As for the tariffs, well knocking off 5% off the rate (you end up saving less than that actually) isn't going to save you that much of the typical French car. If that's the price for some local industry, so be it.

Cheers,

Justin

My brother-in-law just picked up (for my sis) a 307 2.0ltr auto (shame)! and was told that if he was to order that same car today it won't be delivered until October, so they must be doing something right and i havn't seen any television advertising on the 307 down here in Melbourne (unless i've missed it).
Some of the peugeot ads you can download off the internet are sensational why don't they push their product as hard here? it's a damn shame as they are damn good cars.

406sv

I've seen a couple of 307 ads on trams about how it was European car of the year. Nothing else except that, though. Heaps of 206 advertisements about, I can barely go a day without seeing one. Sime Darby really seem to be playing the marketing card at the moment.

There seems to be a real renaissance of "lower-cost" European cars of late ... cars like the 147/Clio/206/307/Golf are taking over the part of the Astra/Barina/Laser market that know better :D :cool:

If you want a long time, ask for a 307 XS 1.6 Auto in Silver.

Guarenteed to make you wait. Sure the 307 may not have the same finesse of the 306 in the driving experience (from what I read), but most people couldn't care less.

When it counts about the things that matter to most people, the 307 is great. Feature packed, fairly roomy, quiet and refined. Feels reasonable as well. Not bad to drive either in my books.

The refinement and the equipment which you get in a car starting at $25,990 is what impresses most people. The car's refinement just adds to the sense of perceived quality. It's not a rocket, but for most people, it doesn't need to be - and if you rev it, it doesn't protest. It's more mature than other Peugeots, but it seems that's what people want. I'd like to see 307 vs Golf sales.

I'm sure that there are many people out there like me who were tempted out of a 206 into a 307. When you're paying up to $28k for a 206 5dr, you want plastics better than a $9,990 Daewoo Matiz.

The 206CC is selling well - 100+ units a month, top in its class. And it doesn't have rental car fleet sales (like the Megane) to help it.

Clio's are certainly getting around. I think they've been doing a lot of marketing in the youth market for the things though. It's brilliant value for money, and feels more substantial than its competitors. If you're not in need for rear legroom, it's perfect.

Cheers,

Justin