Traffic in ACT

renweave

Fellow Frogger
I saw a Traffic in Canberra yesterday! At least I think it was a Traffic, maybe a Master van, because it was always behind me. The van had Victorian registration. Are these vans now available in Australia, or is it a private import?

The Trafic isnt supposed to be available until later this year. Its supposed to be at the Sydney Motorshow in October. If it was a Trafic (and not one of the Opel/Holden or Nissan versions) then maybe it was a Renault test car - maybe. Anyone seen one in Victoria?

It must be doing the rounds, there was an white totally blind (no rear or side windows)Trafic cruising the streets in Adelaide back in January/February. It was even parked in the street close to my home before appearing on the yard at Main North.

I'd say it's an evaluation model to test business reaction prior to its release.

A Trafic is a commercial van, right? A while back I saw a Fiat Doblo van, similar size to a Benz Sprinter. Would be good to get some of these Euro commercial vehicles over here. Especially the 5-seat Peugeot Partner (Berlingo).

John

peujohn:
A while back I saw a Fiat Doblo van, similar size to a Benz Sprinter.
John
There is a yard here that is full of the things. It has been for ages. I guess some people are still put off by the Fiat image, especially when they seem no cheaper or offer any apparent advantages over established brands.