Track Record @ Sydney Now Owned by a Porsche*

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
And not even a real slick, Humble Yoko AO50.

Barton Mawer did a 1:18.83s in his Pro Class WTAC car this morning. This knocks out poor Nico Hulkenberg in his A1GP car, which was a 1:19.14,

These WTAC cars in the Pro class are effectively somewhere between a Sport Sedan and Grp B of the olden days. Heaps of ground effect, heaps of areo, billet this, all just limited to a commericaly avialable tyre (of which they get maybe 3 laps out of) but still never the less, incredible incredible incredible machines.

Bartons Car, created by PR Tech in Sydney, (WHOT) https://www.prtechnology.com.au/pages/details

Lord Barton is a bice guy too! Now the smallest guy with the biggest set in his briefs.

Speaking with his mother in law (Old work mate, race sec for ARDC) He was only 276km at the exit of Turn 1, well under where he normally is, will be quicker yet. :D

PORSCHE RULES! :p

OH! and I didn't realise, maximum width is limited to a 295mm!

Even more incredible.

Pretty cool world class engineering from a suburban Sydney (Brookvale) workshop. Richard used to ride his home made pushbike with a 45cc engine past my workshop when he was a kid, a very smart kid. Paul, the other half of PR Technology did all the electrical wiring on my Porsche Cup Turbo Gt2/930S back in 1990.

Great results form a lot of hard work and innovation.

Link to the stream from today is still up, You can skip 8h:50min ago to see Barts run this morning

I was there most of the day and then watched Tim Slade's last run on the telly. Epic.

Ah stream is still up, re live the happiness at 10h:47m 1:25 geeees. These cars are monsters.