Towbar Wiring

As well as the rear cigarette lighter, some 407s have a boot fusebox. For these F3 is a 15A rear accessories fuse.

Shane, your box is essentially the same as the cheap DIY method I posted.
Yes, that is true. A bunch of relays from parts car would allow you add the circuits for free.

Most car relays using the lights to switch another load would likely bother the BSI detector. Jaycar etc have very low current draw relays.

Most car relays using the lights to switch another load would likely bother the BSI detector. Jaycar etc have very low current draw relays.
wow ... that's amazingly accurate. Don't relays only pull a couple of hundred milliamps :)

Thanks to everyone for your input, the TEB7AS relay arrived, fitted this morning, OHMs tested and voltage on all connections working.
Thanks again to you all for your your help.

This is easy, just use a bypass relay box. I’ve used this on a bunch of multiplex Renaults and the Alfa. Splice into the existing feed to the tail lights and it pulls a tiny current that the body ECU won’t notice, and you give it a power supply feed. Easy peasy.
Some versions of these sort of things will even decode signals like I have on the Alfa where the brake and tail lights are supplied by the same wire and it’s a modulated signal the taillight itself decodes.
Bought the relay and spliced the wires and it WORKS thanks for the tip