Tool Talk

Are you sure that computer hardware should go to the tip? Maybe ask the museum first. 😉

I donated an ancient ibm Fourier analyser mainframe to them, and the giant who turned up to collect the massive device was driving a citroen DS wagon, luckily so it all fitted in one load.

i still have the digital counter with its vacuum tube digital display…so retro cool!

I donated an ancient ibm Fourier analyser mainframe to them, and the giant who turned up to collect the massive device was driving a citroen DS wagon, luckily so it all fitted in one load.

i still have the digital counter with its vacuum tube digital display…so retro cool!
Any pictures of the counter, please?

the mower is away again.... the ultrasonic is just magic for carbies. yes I broke hte seals and gaskets .... but it still seems to be working leak free 🤔 I'll have to order in a gasket/carby kit for it. I've never had anything with a kohler motor before, so nothing here is even close. It has a fuel pump, so I imagine the "normal" fueling issues with mowers is reduced
just turned out to be the ancient spark plug.... :)
DSC00709a.JPG

so the beast lives again....
vegiepatch.JPG

not bad for an ancient history hobby standard tiller. Old raised beds becoming full length ground level style, one on the right to go.
Thanks Shane... :headbanger"

Bob

just turned out to be the ancient spark plug.... :)
View attachment 240801
so the beast lives again....
View attachment 240802
not bad for an ancient history hobby standard tiller. Old raised beds becoming full length ground level style, one on the right to go.
Thanks Shane... :headbanger"

Bob
Wow ... you have soil! That sort of rotary hoe just bounces along the top of the ground here. You need something like an old howard cultivator here. they dig through concrete like clay and turn it to powder. I'm pretty sure if you reverse the head on that rotary hoe, rather than digging, it will breakup the turned over ground. ie: flip the rotary hoe head on it upside down.

nah, no soil, that's the spread out imported stuff from Steve Tiley at Beaufort that the boss has treated with home made compost 'n stuff. Underneath there is the concrete clay, the little tiller gets stuck into it but it takes much longer than a Howard ! Buries itself to about 6", given patience.
Tiller head looks to be one way, rotates to help you move forwards - in days of yore there were multiple attachments for it, and marketed under other brands 'Blitz' comes to mind. The outer tines can be removed leaving just two rows.
Crikey, just looked on line, Masport still has 'em !!
Bob

Attachments

• Page28.pdf
    256.8 KB · Views: 9
These popped up on Marketplace a couple of days ago. One hardly used metal lathe, and one unused mill, both on "sturdy metal stands", and both with chucks, cutting tools etc.
$750 for the pair, they sold straiģht away.

20240429_145354.jpg
20240429_145335.jpg

Have you found somewhere for them in your shed yet ?
Unfortunately I was pretty crook when they popped up, so I wasn't in a position to be an immediate buyer.
I guess Mrs G would have let me set them up in the lounge room though?🤔

Unfortunately I was pretty crook when they popped up, so I wasn't in a position to be an immediate buyer.
I guess Mrs G would have let me set them up in the lounge room though?🤔
I would have thought kitchen, close to the dishwasher, so cleaning and machining operations are more streamlined.

I would have thought kitchen, close to the dishwasher, so cleaning and machining operations are more streamlined.
Our kitchen is upstairs and our main lounge room downstairs.
I'm not as strong (stupid) as I used to be.😉