To all people who dont like my 306

davespug306

Fellow Frogger
You can all shut your mouths, some of you talk utter crap. The uk has about 4 big modified car mags, Max Power, Fast Car, Revs, Redline, there are all modified cars in there none standard.

Why modify a car:-
1. It gives the car better looks
2. Greater downforce
3. Fanny Magnet
4. Kicks stardard cars asses
5. Because it gives us pleasure

I work over 46 hours a week to modify my car, and we have piss takers who spend all day on the net taking the monkey poo out of my car, well if you can get you car over to the UK next year put you money where your mouth is I will race you for your log books. So take the piss now.

As for standard 306's that race around tracks what a pile of crap put a 306 up against a Mitsi EVO or Scobby, or a Nissan Skline and its blown away so why bother racing to have you ass kicked I have pissed all over a GTi6 he could not take the corners like I could.

Thats all I have to say, so up yours.

:mad:

Hi Dave,

I think we've had this sort of discussion here before and in the end it was decided that everyone will do things differently, some will like it, some will hate it.
But most importantly you have to like what you've done.

Andreas

p.s You havent answered my question on your noticeboard about the vents yet.

davespug306:
You can all shut your mouths, some of you talk utter crap. The uk has about 4 big modified car mags, Max Power, Fast Car, Revs, Redline, there are all modified cars in there none standard.

Why modify a car:-
1. It gives the car better looks
2. Greater downforce
3. Fanny Magnet
4. Kicks stardard cars asses
5. Because it gives us pleasure

I work over 46 hours a week to modify my car, and we have piss takers who spend all day on the net taking the monkey poo out of my car, well if you can get you car over to the UK next year put you money where your mouth is I will race you for your log books. So take the piss now.

As for standard 306's that race around tracks what a pile of crap put a 306 up against a Mitsi EVO or Scobby, or a Nissan Skline and its blown away so why bother racing to have you ass kicked I have pissed all over a GTi6 he could not take the corners like I could.

Thats all I have to say, so up yours.

:mad:
Don't give up on the Ritulin :D :D :D :D clown clown

Alan S :rolleyes:

Hmm, we must be a little more laid back here down under.

Dave, like andreas says, people only comment on what they feel their preference would be. Someone on welfare would say you are nuts working 46 hours a week to pay for a car. Someone with a Ferrari would say why bother with a Porche, it's all relative to your tastes and your income.

If you can afford to do all thats you enjoy, more power to you, others here I am sure have families, morgages, own-businesses and debts to pay off and dont get the chance to do what they ultimatly want to their car.

The whole idea of these forums is to get a splatering of all facets of Frogie owners so all of our horizons are widened.

I just hope that you do get the engine mods done and that the drivertrain can handle over 300hp cause when it comes to the lights you don't want to be left standing in a wild looking beast like your car.

Besides, I would much rather have a Pug modder in out midst than a rice boy.

davespug306,

Have you ever stopped to think how much faster your car would accelerate if you removed all the excess weight like:

-the body kit
-the stereo/entertainment system
-ditching the big wheels in favour of lightweight 16" wheels.

<small>[ 10 June 2002, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: davemcbean ]</small>

To each, his own , David. Hey! half the people here wouldn''t be seen dead in my old , more or less standard, 505 sLi wagon or the 504 auto , while on the other hand some of the purists would probably shoot me, given the chance, for cutting holes in the grill to fit spotlights, or for drilling holes in the console to fit a phone kit!

But don't take it personally. Like you say, its all a matter of what gives you pleasure, but don't be surprised or offended if others see it differently and say so.

Cheers

Rod

Davespug306 - I'm sorry you've read my opinions on car modifications as personal attacks.

Considering you're a member of Aussiefrogs now, I'd be interested in how you determined:

1. Where you needed the extra downforce
2. Exactly how much more did you need and why?

Did you gain insight from wind tunnel testing?

<small>[ 10 June 2002, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: ntrx ]</small>

davemcbean:
davespug306,

Have you ever stopped to think how much faster your car would accelerate if you removed all the excess weight like:

-the body kit
-the stereo/entertainment system
-ditching the big wheels in favour of lightweight 16" wheels.
For a start of all the kit is fibreglass the original panels are steel hence the car being lighter.

As for the ICE well thats why a 360 Bhp Turbo is being fitted.

Big wheels give better grip and the width of tyres helps the car to handle under high speeds.

Is that good enough for you. Goodbye you are the wickest link

ntrx:
Davespug306 - I'm sorry you've read my opinions on car modifications as personal attacks.

Considering you're a member of Aussiefrogs now, I'd be interested in how you determined:

1. The extra down force keeps the tail end and front end down e.g keeping the car on the tarmac instead of visiting the grass

2. Its mainly styling e.g. making the car look better than standard

Wind tunnel testing what are you on it aint a Jumbo Jet well not quite it might soon go like one. approve

Big wheels give better grip and the width of tyres helps the car to handle under high speeds.
just quoting your double negative here
please for your own interest ask about unsprung weight next time you are in at your local go fast house

there are parts of your car i like but each to their own i just prefer mine to be more subtle as in this country froggy cars stand out enough as they are and don't need a lot of dressing up but i know in england there are many pugs and to have one stand out in the crowd you have to make it eye popping
but please find out about unsprung weight for your own interests. tis all i will say for now

Careful guys......this car can take bends at 110 mph in the wet. Sounds like a total weapon.

Fanny magnet? Bwuahahahaha. Whatever helps you mate.

Is that good enough for you. Goodbye you are the wickest link
Just who is the WEAKEST link??!!
Hey, before you go insulting us all, we are all entitled to our opinions, regardless of whether they agree with yours or not.

Ross

davespug306:
ntrx:

1. The extra down force keeps the tail end and front end down e.g keeping the car on the tarmac instead of visiting the grass

2. Its mainly styling e.g. making the car look better than standard

Wind tunnel testing what are you on it aint a Jumbo Jet well not quite it might soon go like one. approve
OK, considering you didn't answer my questions we'll assume you bought the wings for looks - and you can justify them because they satisfy a unknown requirement for extra downforce with an appropriate unknown amount of downforce. Oh, and that's right, they attract chicks.

Macquered - I thought when he mentioned "110mph in the wet" that he was referring to games on the Playstation installed in the car.

<small>[ 11 June 2002, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: ntrx ]</small>

Haven't looked at the car yet, but my guess is it's a light car with way oversize tires?? Then it's being driven on a wet road at 110mph eek! eek! eek! eek!

Gimme narrow cheesecutter tires on a light car anyday (on a wet road that is). The car will aquaplane wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to easily if the tires are to big... There won't be enough pressure on the tires. If all the cornering force is applied to a really skinny tire, it'll tend to cut through the water more easily. On a really wide tire, the downward pressure is spread over a much larger area. The tire will aquaplane very easily... :p :p Ultimatly you'll have much less available grip... Unless of course you a using specialy race designed 'wet' tires which are illegal on public roads out here.

By the way, just how R U going to get 360hp or whatever figure your talking about to the ground??? Are you considering a 4wd conversion with Limited slip diffs both ends?? That'd be very interesting to see. Maybe BX or 405 4wd rearend tucked underneath??.

Aside from anything else, in city traffic I'm lucky to ever get over 60km/h anyway, so having an enormously powerful car it totaly pointless :rolleyes: course I could always head for the yuppie areas in the local Capital City and sit in gridlock with all the ferarris and Porsches. But the fastest they ever seem to go is about walking pace.... I could easily beat them all on a pushbike.

seeya,
Shane L.

Hmm,

just looked at his page. I really like the look of the car. The bonnet vents are the only bits that doen't look that great to me. The rest looks fantastic. Love the paint job on it, that probably cost more than all my cars put together :)

I really like the wheels, I know there not racing wheels, but hey, as long as he drives on smooth racetrack like roads, he will have very high amounts of adhesion. However if you drove that sort of car on our broken up bitchemin roads, or dirt roads the car would be dangerous. Those big wheels with lots of weight will have a hard time staying on the tarmac. Dunno if you'll understand what I mean. I'll put it this way, my brothers rear wheel drive Commodore out here had huge wheels like your car and was lowered to the ground. It gripped like shit to a shovel on smooth roads, but on rough roads it tended to almost bounce off the road. There was more than one time where I was fighting to keep the mongrel thing on the road with heaps of opposite lock on. The back end would hit a bump and JUMP eek! eek! ......

Then same corner, same speed, this time the car is a 1.2litre bog standard Citroen GS with 145 15" tires. It drives straight around the same corner, no drama. Infact you wouldn't even have realised how bad the bumps were. Of course on a smooth road same corner, the commadore would probably triple the cornering speed. But hey, I MUCH prefer consistant handling over outright grip only in ideal circumstances.

seeya,
Shane L.

Welcome to AussieFrogs Davespug306, I hope you enjoy the use of this fantastic forum.

While I'm not a huge fan of the looks of your car, I do admire the performance modifications. I might be alone with this opinion, but I've always found "sleeper" cars much more appealing - that is, cars that have a fairly stock appearance (although I do love your flared wheel arches) but have tastefull alloys and decent performance modifications. I think I've read about someone installing a 3.8L GM V6 into a 505 a while ago.

So, welcome to this board, I do hope you will attempt to keep the atmosphere here nice and calm - the last thing we want is this, well essentially a club, an enjoyable place to be and discuss our passion, french cars.

:rolleyes:

<small>[ 11 June 2002, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: nJm ]</small>

Is everyone in England as obnoxious as you? Playing with cars can be fun, but really one should have a life as well.

ipb205:
Sorry but ... What a wanker

ipb:D
Didnt wanna be the first to say it, but i think the quote sums up my feelings pretty well...

I like my cars, i enjoy working on and driving them, but i guess i will never understand how someone could spend every dollar they earn on one car, and reckon it's a
"Fanny Magnet"
. I just think it's sad...
But thats just my opinion. And if you put up a website to tell everyone your opinion, you should expect people will give you there opinions as well. Maybe you should be flattered that i'm wasting any of my time talking about your wank*y 306.
P.S - Perhaps what i most dislike about your car, is the blue "neons" to light up the road
Bye eek!

<small>[ 11 June 2002, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Pug505exec ]</small>