THP 155 High Pressure Fuel Pump - non-original success?

awoolf

Tadpole
Tadpole
I need to replace the HPFP on my 1.6L DS3 THP 155 (error codes P0087, P1336, P1338, P1339, P1340). The Citroen part number is 9819938480 or 1675941280, but I believe it is the same as BMW/Mini parts 13537528345, 13517573436 or 13517588879.

There are lots of Chinese manufactured non-originals on AliExpress, and an 'OSIAS' brand part locally on EBay.

Has anyone had success with these non-OEM brands? They're quite expensive, so don't want to fork out $$ if it won't work then still need to get the OEM version.

Thanks for any advice.

Andrew

Have you made sure the low pressure pump is supplying 5Bar?
A couple of years ago FCP Euro were selling the PSA pumps as replacement for for the Mini pumps because they found they were cheaper than Mini. They would list the relevant part numbers, but you are probably best to try Dapco or EAI locally.
I can't offer any comment about the Chinese pumps.

A couple of years ago FCP Euro were selling the PSA pumps as replacement for for the Mini pumps because they found they were cheaper than Mini. They would list the relevant part numbers, but you are probably best to try Dapco or EAI locally.
Yes the standing fuel rail pressure is 4-5 bar with engine off. I've ordered a PSA pump from FCO Euro - cheaper than locally sourced, even with exchange rate. And a new fuel pipe from a local supplier on eBay.

Many thanks for the pointer David!

Regards, Andrew

FCP Euro still genuine PSA and MINI pumps, though not cheap.

They are based in the US.

FCP Euro

Correct, but a different supply chain and PSA was cheaper than Mini for the same items. I haven't looked at the Mini prices for a couple of years but they did make Citroen Australia's look good value! And FCP might still be giving a 'lifetime' warranty on this part, which I reckon you might call upon if you own this car long enough. As a spare from Citroen or Peugeot in AU the warranty is 12 months, unlimited kms. If you pay a dealer to fit it the warranty includes that work, but not if bought over the counter. And the feed pipe is supposed to be replaced with the pump.

Have you looked into repairing your own pump? There's a few machine shops that offer solutions on YouTube from Poland Russia or UK often involving submerging in machine oil to ensure no bubbles get in.

One in particular was a french mechanic ChrisGas that drilled a pilot hole into the pump. Used a tap to thread the hole to insert a new screw and refilled with new fluid. 20k km later still going strong on every hpfp he's done without fail. This avoided the submersion technique as he could inject the oil and remove any trapped air.

Ive got his short, but unfortunately it looks like he's gone sub only. $3.99 a month.

Although in french, I found you could use the auto translate and then caption to follow.

Could be worth looking into given the price of them. I never got to do it and ended up moving the car on before I got a chance to try it out.

Was looking into those osias as theyre all through AliExpress. But if you look into the mini forums, they appear to fail or are dead on arrival.