The Sepang Qualifying Thread...

da_prancin_schu

Fellow Frogger
Wow what a session. I can not believe how quick the Renaults are this year. Alonso just blitzed it, and I know the Toyotas were quick but they will be on a lighter fuel load although probably only 3-5 laps fewer. I still can't believe Renault's improvement this year (and the RBR cars - still quicker than Ferrari and BAR)! Whats goin on with Jacques - he still can't get a handle on Massa. And Webber, well, 1.2 seconds up on Heidfeld is hard to argue with. Cmon the Aussie, although that will throw my tips out a bit. :nownow:

yeah Renault seem to have every answer they need!
Yota's keep forgetting to put fuel in their car, & i think we'll see an extra stop out of them (same as in melb i think?)

Its looking VERY strong for the Renaults! :)

Ferrari are also possibly brining their new car to the next race... LOL!

Sepang

Yeah, its great to see the Renault boys at the pointy end of the grid. Trulli, (supported by ex-Renault Mike Gascoine) makes it three Renault boys from recent times.
Trulli wil probably start to go backwards, holding up others as he does!
Ferrari have already made their decision. The F2005 will run at the next event at Sakhir. Ferrari were forced into that decision by Michael's poor showing at Melbourne. The Sepang grid merely underscores their miscalculation/arrogance/folly in not running the F2005 from the outset. The fact that that Michael is not changing his engine this event virtually guarantees that he will take 2 races in an uncompetitive car (out of the points?)
Neither he, nor Ferrari will accept an underdog position any longer. Mind you, the testing that Badoer has done has been very positive. When it comes, Ferrari will win. And Michael will win more than Ruebens. Michael is certainly Driver #1 at Ferrari.
At the Sakhir event the red barons will hunt down the Renaults. The Bridgestone tyres of the red team don't appear to like the current qualifying format. I don't like the new format either. The question is whether Ferrari will take big bites out of the Renault lead - Game Over, or will it be little nibbles - GAME ON!
Will Renault have to choose a # 1 Driver later in the season? Who will that be? ( rhetorical question - the driver with the most points!) Repeat question. WHO?

I'm putting my money on Fisi to be the next Hakkinen. Coming from nowhere (I'm the first to criticise him.... and you can not argue that Wurz did not beat him!) to winning the championship and disappearing after. However Alonso looks quick... just have to see how it all goes.

Yes, and Renault was the only team to not tests qualifs stints while winters testing!

the qualifications ares thier weakest point!

Toyota pace is another thing, first the heat reduced tires edge and chassis efficience on tires, so with a circuit as sepang, without slow corners and reaccelleration, Toyota was at his top, with a 70hp more powerfull engine than the RS25, when race will allow to use engines and hight speed corner, this team will shine, but don't get more of laurels to Gascoigne, it's a manager and not a designer, every bodies was annoucing the dead of renault last year after his departure, putting renault at same level than Jordan and sauber, and they just fough for the second place till they stop to devloping the car at mid season!

anyway, when races will ask the best chassis, toyota will return to his right place, mid of the grid!