The manual thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I believe most of the manuals from the Tony Jackson Agua site are gone, and have been for several weeks. There are new pages saying that they are transitioning to dropbox because of high download demands, but only a few directories can be accessed. None of the "D" ones (from the Green CD and Red CD directories) can be accessed. You get an "oops" page. The only sets that I can access are the 2CV ones and the SM ones, neither of which I have a use for. It looks like the CX ones were moved to dropbox, but dropbox itself is saying that those have been locked out due to excessive demand.

It has been like this since around mid December or possibly earlier. Does anyone know if they are going to return? I am keen to download some of the red CD ones I don't have.

Regards,
Leconte

Hi all again,

Update on my last post - as of today all traces of Tony Jackson files have disappeared from Agua.NU. None of the links on various places works at all.

I sent a "contact message" to Tony via the web page a week or so ago (when it was there it had a "Contacts" page) but have received no reply.

Perhaps one of you who knows him or related UK people personally could chase this up. It is too valuable a resource to have it disappear from sight.

Regards,
Leconte

Don't panic. Tony is in the process of relocating the files.

The big problem they had was one of laziness, stupidity and selfishness (MY words, not Tony's) as some people rather than download and store the large PDF files once, would access them multiple times on a regular basis, leading to very excessive downloads, despite requests to not download multiple times.

Don't panic. Tony is in the process of relocating the files.

The big problem they had was one of laziness, stupidity and selfishness (MY words, not Tony's) as some people rather than download and store the large PDF files once, would access them multiple times on a regular basis, leading to very excessive downloads, despite requests to not download multiple times.

Thanks Craig, that is good to know. I downloaded the main ones for my ID but none have the exact wiring diagram for my model (65/66 with the "straight" dash and just three switches on the alloy panel), so I was hoping to download everything next time and maybe find one (probably not, but you never know)

Cheers,
Leconte

1964-65-66 is a "black hole" for DS and ID repair manuals. There is 498, the supplement for 1963 models of DS19 and ID19, and 511, the 1965 repair manual for the DS21 and DS21M introduced for the 1966 model year, and that's about it.

With parts catalogues you have the regular updates to the 1964 editions of both the DS19 (466) and ID19 (470) parts catalogues through to early 1966, but no new editions until the long stroke engines disappeared and the short stroke parts catalogues 519 (for DS21, DS21M, DS19A and DS19MA) and 528 (for ID19B) arrived in March and September 1966 respectively.

You might not find a perfect wiring diagram for your needs.

Roger

Dropbox location for LHS (Red CD) manuals...

Hi all,

I have found a web page with a list of manuals, some of the links ae new to me, some point to the Agua Tony Jackson site (now to some pages that are " sorry no files"), but I did find a Dropbox directory for the old "Red CD" with what I presume is all the files.

The page of links is here: https://sites.google.com/site/citroenpublicationslist/
The Red Fluid Dropbox directory is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/txhoyw2gqvc8lau/LnhQmqmhRh
The Green Fluid Dropbox directory is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tv0b25gpmd5ux8e/e-HYMQrA3e

Good luck all!
Leconte

Last edited:
I have a copy of the Brooklands Books reproduction of the Citroen Twelve and Fifteen Repair Manual, reprinted in 1992.
If I can be of any assistance by photocopying any relevant pages, please PM, and I'll see what I can do.
I do not have the computer skills to scan pages, nor do I have any gear except my lap-top.
This manual covers cars from 1938 onwards.

I have a copy of the Brooklands Books reproduction of the Citroen Twelve and Fifteen Repair Manual, reprinted in 1992.
If I can be of any assistance by photocopying any relevant pages, please PM, and I'll see what I can do.
I do not have the computer skills to scan pages, nor do I have any gear except my lap-top.
This manual covers cars from 1938 onwards.

I don't have a need for it, but I appreciate the effort just the same. Thanks.

Have just acquired 2004 C5 without owners manual - local dealer can't help - it is the model with controls on stalks - nothing on steering wheel. I can find nothing on internet for this model. Advice for electronic download would be great - other wise if somebody can lend it for a few days I could work out what all the buttons do.
Thanks in advance
imiT

Status
Not open for further replies.