The longest drive...................

Flash Car 76

Fellow Frogger
Just checked all the necessities in Carolyn's 203 and pumped up the tyres so I took the 203 for a drive along the odd back road around Bungendore and Captains Flat. It is a few years since I owned a 203 but Carolyn has had hers for something approaching 40 years. I did only 70 odd miles but it took over 3 hours (nearly 4 - "Where have you been?"). If I drive the roads in the 407 no one knows me or ignores me (one or the other).

But, in Carolyn's 203 it is totally different. Rubin had just moved cattle from one paddock to another over the road and was sitting on his horse and waved me down so I did and we talked for a while. Then Nathan pulled me over in his ute, he was out looking for his white Italian/Spanish dogs that protect his chooks and lambs. His missus had left the gate open and they took off after something. So we talked for a while and the dogs obviously heard us as they appeared and jumped up into the back of his ute. Next was Lois who was just on her way to work and was just closing her gate so I stopped and we chatted for a while before she took off in a panic as she was now looking like being late. Then Chrissie was lunging a horse that she has bought for her daughter in a paddock near the road and she waved me down so we had a bit of a gossip and I was nuzzled by the new horse. All said that they never see me but knew it was me in the 203 so all wanted a natter and a catch up.

So, if you have never owned a 203 or had access to drive one, , change it and you to can have a drive of 70 miles (110[?] kph) that takes longer than watching most movies but is far more entertaining and you get to meet the nicest people.

When I got home I lifted the bonnet and there was slight oil leak at the back of the rocker cover. I wasn't sure if the cover was that level or maybe a bit 'twisted' when we put it on so I was thinking that I might have to get another rocker cover, probably the one off the rocker cover racer, to replace the one on it. But I put a spanner on the nuts and they did up half a turn so maybe I just didn't tighten it properly the last time I put it back on. Only time will tell.

So, if you get a 203 you not only get to talk to everyone you also get to have a mechanical fiddle as well.

What more could you ask for?

FLASH

I never get out of the shopping centre without a conversation. When you haven't driven a 203 for a while the first thing is to wonder where the acceleration went and the next to wonder at the noise. But after a very few k's all is used to again and you are travelling with a smile on your face.

I never get out of the shopping centre without a conversation. When you haven't driven a 203 for a while the first thing is to wonder where the acceleration went and the next to wonder at the noise. But after a very few k's all is used to again and you are travelling with a smile on your face.
So true Russell and being privileged enough to own and drive one is twice as good. One day the motor trimmer will give me mine back!!......... (I hope.)

Yes 203 attract attention, the wife likes riding in the 203 van cause people smile (even tho it is slow )

I don't have a 203 but even my 504s get plenty of attention and start conversations!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's not a 203 thing but an "old & odd" thing.

I have 4 toys (4CVG, R8, Djet & Moke) & each of them (& a daughter's Minivan when I drive it) generates comment. I use the toys in turn as "daily drivers" & I have never used any of them without at least one conversation or, if my pattern of movement prevents that, at least a "thumbs up" from a passer-by.

cheers! Peter