The diesel particle filter and it's cleaning

WAOFFROG

Tadpole
I have mentioned the ongoing issues of the particle filter and the regeneration process, which it seems is the cause of the idle fluctuations during this process. A suggestion was made that blank off the EGR might stop this process. I didn't, eventually a, cleaned and un-blanked, EGR was fitted and there is on change in the occasional idle fluctuation issue.

As the car has done 225K, I have come to the conclusion that, probable the particle filter needs to removed, opened, and cleaned out. The process I'm told is to put the filter in a high temp oven and bake it, following this it is cleaned by a high pressure blow out. Apparently, this is a relatively common practice on diesel truck exhaust systems.

Has anyone gone through this problem and this 'cleaning' process; I find it impossible to imaging that I'm the only diesel owner to be confronted by this issue?

What sort of driving has this car done? Normally an uninterrupted run (such as on a motorway or long country drive) will cause the system to regenerate. Eventually the filter will be blocked beyond regeneration.

Has the car been given a forced regen? This requires the PSA diagnostic software, and can be spectacular, and not done indoors or near vegetation. (The exhaust is hot indeed)

Many cars and light commercials eventually need a high pressure filter clean. There are businesses set up for it, not only for heavy lorries.

A ds150e can also do a regen along with a lot of other scan tools but why not blank the egr to test even when these were brand new less than 10k we had this problem it’s not so much a dirty egr rather than an intolerance to the air flow adaption. The whole reason for these block off plates was to stop this. You need to drill a 8mm hole in the middle of the plate to allow some flow. This was recommended by paa at the time and won’t cause any problems with the engine. At the time we would replace brand new valves and still no fix.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

IMG_1556280260.929390.jpg

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time