TCR World Tour Nov 2023 - Sydney & Bathurst - photos & videos.

Fordman

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I have finally got around to putting together a photo/video album for the events we attended in November.
I bought a new camera for the trip, and it is excellent for touring and not bad for motorsport photos with a huge (64x) zoom, but as you can see, it isn't up to the mark as a video camera when speed is involved. Next time I'll take my reasonably good video camera as well, but 2 cameras is a PITA.
The new camera is a canon SX70HS, main reason I got it was to get wifi connection, which worked well for transferring to mobile phone on the go while touring, so you can send photos on by FB or WhatsApp or whatever. It also handled long zoom with very little shake so must have good inbuilt antishake. All the pics in here were taken on Auto setting, I haven't had time to fiddle with speed/aperture settings, and didn't need to. It also auto-focussed very well, for example, high flying jet with contrail - zoomed and focussed instantly, which surprised me. Good general purpose camera.

Anyway, this is the album:

Cheers.

When I want to take decent pics I use my DSLR which is a Canon EOS 60D, its not the best or most expensive camera but does take good stills and has a movie mode. It also has a sport mode and fires out stills while you hold the shutter button down.

I enjoyed browsing through your pics Chris, lots of good pics to look back on, later in life (y) .