TCR Finale at Supercheap Auto Bathurst International this weekend Nov 11-13.

Fordman

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Finale of TCR and other ARG categories at Bathurst this weekend.

A couple of points:
"The wildcards in the mix will be Frenchman Teddy Clairet in a fifth Garry Rogers Motorsport Peugeot 308 TCR. Clariet was battling for medals at the FIA Motorsport Games recently until a mechanical problem dropped him out. Closely aligned with Peugeot Sport, Clairet is a proven frontrunner in the highly competitive TCR Europe Series and is expected to be a contender at a circuit suited to the 308 TCR.
The other wildcard will be the debut of HMO Customer Racing’s Hyundai Elantra N TCR as used in WTCR featuring title contender Josh Buchan behind the wheel. Currently equal fourth in the standings, Buchan has tested the Elantra N TCR extensively since Sandown and is confident it will perform well at the Mountain."

"The inaugural Supercheap Auto Bathurst International will also feature a three-hour event for the Fanatec GT World Challenge Australia powered by AWS, the Gulf Western Oil Touring Car Masters, Turtle Wax Trans Am Series, Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge, Australian Production Car Series brought to you by LIQUI MOLY and the Bathurst Sportscar Challenge."

"Tickets are available at http://bathurst.international
If you can’t make it to Mount Panorama, broadcast can be seen live and ad-break free on Stan Sport on Saturday and Sunday. Sign up now for your free 7-day trial >> http://www.stan.com.au/motorsport
The Nine Network will also offer live free-to-air coverage on Saturday afternoon.
International viewers can watch on http://motorsport.tv/ "

Entry list, 2022 Supercheap Auto TCR Australia Series Round 7 Bathurst

Car #Sponsor/TeamDriverStateModel
2Moutai/ZIP PAYLuke KingNSWHyundai i30 N TCR
8Schaeffler GRMDylan O’KeeffeVICPeugeot 308 TCR
9AWC MPC RacingJay HansonVICAudi RS3 LMS TCR
10Ashley Seward MotorsportMichael CarusoNSWAlfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce TCR
11HMO Customer RacingNathan MorcomNSWHyundai i30 N TCR
14Forza Brakes MotorsportLachlan MineeffNSWAudi RS3 LMS TCR
15Michael Clemente MotorsportMichael ClementeVICAudi RS3 LMS TCR
18Team Valvoline GRMAaron CameronVICPeugeot 308 TCR
20Peugeot Sport GRMTeddy ClairetFRAPeugeot 308 TCR
22Challenge Motorsport/MPCIain McDougallVICAudi RS3 LMS TCR
30HMO Customer RacingJosh BuchanNSWHyundai Elantra N TCR
33Swyftx GRMJordan CoxNSWPeugeot 308 TCR
34LMCT+ Racing GRMJames MoffatVICRenault Megane RS TCR
41Valvoline Racing GRMKody GarlandNSWRenault Megane RS TCR
50Honda Wall RacingTony D’AlbertoVICHonda Civic Type R TCR
71Burson Auto Parts RacingBen BargwannaVICPeugeot 308 TCR
110Team Soutar MotorsportZac SoutarVICHonda Civic Type R TCR
130HMO Customer RacingBailey SweenyNSWHyundai i30 N TCR
999MPC Team LIQUI MOLYWill BrownQLDAudi RS3 LMS TC

If you are looking for something a bit more comfortable, maybe The Pit Lounge is the answer?

I did similar to this with my wife at Sandown 2019, and would do it again. However, they are different, and Sandown included light lunch and grid walks for the main events. Coming from Perth, we didn't want to risk the weather, and it was worth it.

Wouldn't mind being there this weekend, a bit far to go, at times like these I wish I lived in the East.

Cheers.

Flights are open, go on treat yourself :p

Thanks for reminding us, I've missed all their rounds this year, Bathurst seems like a good one to catch up with.

Well, it's taken me over 2 weeks to catch up on the Bathurst International weekend, and overall it was good viewing.
As usual, the TCR format is 3 races, with a top 10 reverse grid in the 2nd race. However, Saturday's weather was terrible, and race 2 was cancelled due to poor visibility and rain.
The grid was reshuffled for Sunday's race 3 finale, and it was a ripper of a race. Tony D'Alberto (Honda Civic) came into the weekend as the series leader but could not get on the pace and was sitting around 12th in the race. Will Brown (Audi) was one of the front runners, and if he won, with D'Alberto worse than 12th, Brown would win the Championship.

Dylan O'Keeffe (Peugeot) led from the start but cold tyre problems at second turn had him in the wall, although he recovered to complete the race at the back of the field. This helped Brown get further up the field and there was a pretty close race for the lead with Aaron Cameron (Peugeot) and a couple of Hyundais.
Brown did get to the lead and for a while, with D'Alberto in 13th, Brown would have taken the championship. As it was, with other cars dropping back in various incidents, D'Alberto got back up to 11th, and took the championship, although Will Brown won the race.

Well that's it for TCR 2022.

Cheers.