Targa Events

Targa Great Barrier Reef is cancelled for 2022 for the reasons outlined by Motorsport Australia. It is now pushed out to September 2023. MA review into tarmac rallying not due until later this year. Wonder if it will affect Targa High Country which is usually held in November?

Targa Great Barrier Reef is cancelled for 2022 for the reasons outlined by Motorsport Australia. It is now pushed out to September 2023. MA review into tarmac rallying not due until later this year. Wonder if it will affect Targa High Country which is usually held in November?
With Targa High Country also being run by the same organisation I fear that until the dialogue about the inherent risks changes they'll be unable to get insurance and thus permits to run this year.

I just read another good article on this years TT, good as in how the TT boss is proactively addressing the concerns fanned by mainstream media.
IOMT TT boss
“The important thing is that the tradition of the TT is its biggest asset and its greatest threat. The tradition and the history is what makes it what it is, but you can’t use tradition as a reason not to change things as the world changes around you.

Speedcafe has just reported The Targa Review Panel is now accepting public submissions, and it looks like you can do it online.
This is an opportunity to have your say to get Targa events running again, leaving it to someone else is a good way for nothing to happen.

“We are now seeking feedback on three specific areas and we welcome submissions from all relevant parties, whether they be active or past competitors, officials, event organisers or spectators.
“The three areas we are seeking feedback on are: the safe running of events, the licence and experience requirements for drivers taking part in these events, and also vehicle eligibility and preparation.

" I share Bustamif's trepidation about competitive racing on open roads. I know plenty of riders who have done super bike school at Philip Island, and are technically more competent than I am, but they come terribly un-stuck on real world roads."
Funny you mention this, TAC Victoria was unpopular wither research on bike accidents, listing riding skills.......................
Some motorcyclists took this very personally rather than listen.

Motorcyclists heading to Phillip Island via the NSW South Coast back to Wyndham- Bombala and south ride like maniacs on this "Real World " stretch of road. There were always accidents coming into Bega Hospital.
Many of these were a very high speeds.
This road has many hazards, water, gravel, fallen trees , litter, rocks, wombats, roos and other traffic.
Denial doesn't work , the hazards exist, day or night.

As a long term motorcyclist i accept that things happen very fast. Faster than an older person might like.