T9 Peugeot 308 hatch roof racks

lowpugV2

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Hi, long shot here. Due to the complete failure of the family car... An Audi A4.... The 308 GTi is going to be our holiday car. I need roof racks. Does anyone have a set I could borrow, in Sydney, from the 11th November for a week? Just for a surfboard or two...

I'm sure I could figure out some kind of fair trade...

Cheers!

I have 308 T9 Touring roof racks, but unfortunately they're the 'rail' type and won't fit the hatch.

Cheers

Justin

I have 308 T9 Touring roof racks, but unfortunately they're the 'rail' type and won't fit the hatch.

Cheers

Justin
Thanks, but yeah, no rails on the hatch. Left the boards at home. Am quite enjoying the twisty roads down here though.

The factory owners manual/book for the GTi270 specifically states no roof racks and no tow bar are 'allowed' to be fitted to the car. or something similar.

The factory owners manual/book for the GTi270 specifically states no roof racks and no tow bar are 'allowed' to be fitted to the car. or something similar.
That's interesting, mine definitely had them installed by the previous owners. Even has the marks to prove it... Which is not ideal! Back in Sydney today anyway, just glad I didn't invest in a new set of racks as the boot carried everything easily, bar the surfboards.

Mine also had a roof rack installed by the previous owners and it's got the marks as you mention too. Paint seems very soft, tried to polish out the marks but they are too deep. Easier to hire bikes and boards.

Off topic slightly but I agree the paint is very soft on these things. The clear coat on my metallic blue is scratched by just pushing a finger across it/ touching it with rough fingers etc. Where the previous owners number plates were installed there are permanent marks from dust sitting behind the plates that I can't cut out of the clear with my polisher.

Off topic slightly but I agree the paint is very soft on these things. The clear coat on my metallic blue is scratched by just pushing a finger across it/ touching it with rough fingers etc. Where the previous owners number plates were installed there are permanent marks from dust sitting behind the plates that I can't cut out of the clear with my polisher.
Agreed, soft and thin. I wouldn't have confidence giving it a proper polish more than once or twice. Very much happy to have it 90% swirl free but we'll protected. The rear hatch paint is quite bad too, can't see that lasting. I guess the plastic composite they use doesn't like paint sticking to it.

Yep - agree completely. Our 308 had some paint rub marks on a door from other careless parkers - I polished off the paint marks but that in turn has left marks from my polishing.

Cheers

Justin