Sydney Cruise Photos!

DeKa

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi,

The first of the photos (courtesy of wilsonson) are up!

<a href="http://www.bluekey.com.au/aussiefrogs/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.bluekey.com.au/aussiefrogs/index.html</a>

I'll add proper descriptions later, but this was the frogs in the mist at Mt Cambewarra.

{Edit: The pictures have moved to my own server now}

Derek

<small>[ 11 May 2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: DeKa ]</small>

wink Just had a quick peek at the [ics from today they looked great to me plenty of new and expensive cars too. Not many Renaults though..Pity my car was banged into or else I would have been there... :p

Hey thats a half decent turnout guys.

QLD one beter be just as good.

Hopefully I'll be riding on lowered coils.

Ash

It was a decent turnout hey?

Heavily biased towards Peugeot too.. at least there was 1 Citroen.

I'll post more when I get my prints back (I don't have a fancy digicam) so expect ACTION shots out the sunroof and whatnot by Wednesday *fingers crossed*

Are they loading quickly? Hope so. I've got no idea being on cable here.

Derek.

I was putting the XM through its paces (and not having too much trouble keeping up with Mi16Man and maquered in his 306)
Atta boy Deka, are you sure the pugs were trying, or could it be the added power those aussiefrog stickers gave to the XM wink

Look forward to the action shots,

Cheers
Chris

Nice photos, i am waiting for my prints as well......can't wait to see those photo (ACTION SHOTS from Deka). Next time we should bring a digital cam, so we could have a LIVE.

I know... I've been thinking about buying one but I've got a 2 yr old $500 Olympus compact camera so I'm a little hesitant!

Maybe I should start looking and buy one duty free in July.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good digicams?

What type is yours Wilson? Those photos are amazingly good.

Derek.

Sorry, Derek, i mean a "Digital Video Cam"............it can take both digi photo and digi video......LIVE.... Wilson has got a digital cam but photo only.......Price for a Digi vedeo cam...............!@@@$#$%@#%@#@34........a good quality one will cost u 4 brand new low profile tyres for ur peugeot......gee that hurts.....better stick with conventional film cam..........

Derek and Wilson,

Love your work! - Those pics are great (and up so quickly)

Can't wait to see the rest of them. To all those who couldn't join us, there will be a next time.

My photo's might take a little while (have to finish the film!) but I'll forward them onto interested parties when the time comes.

Wilsonson, hopefully those freeway shots will turn out although I'm not sure if my co-pilot knew how to drive the camera :rolleyes:

Cheers guys, had a ball.

Carlos

Carl,

If you want to I can add the photos to my gallery thingo - it's quite easy - I'm amazed!

I had a look at the Gazelle website.. I see they're made in Caboolture. I might have to go flying next time I'm up at my cousin's holiday place in Noosa.

Yes, there WILL be a next time! Have a look at the map I posted in the 'well what happened' topic - it shows just how windy the road is there!

See ya,
Derek.

Hey Derek,

next time I get the bug to go down to Bankstown and spend some money making noise in the sky I'll drop you a line.

I know a couple of places out there that have Froggy a/c for hire (Tobago's) :D :D

You might get some more piccies on tonight due to me sending them to GibGib earlier in the day.

A big thanks to all who turned out - we had seven cars in the end which was more than I expected! An 8am start on a rainy Sydney Sunday morning is not the most motivating thing for anyone!!

All but NTRX met @ Sylvania and had a great run through the Royal National Park. Macquered(306 2.0)/Avi8n(205GTi) and myself led the pack through the park. At one stage, the Mi16 was getting smoky brakes due to heavy pressure being applied - must have been all that speed I was wiping off constantly!!! :D Not a hint of fade tho' which was good! The weekend traffic was kind and stayed away in these parts so gave us some clean roads to use. Next stop was Stanwell Park which was bathing in sunshine - what a difference 20kms make! We had a chance to get talking again and check out the respective engine bays and interiors checking out the mods and tidiness of them all. Also the 206CC roof succumb to peer-pressure and got dropped for some piccies! Plus the brakes on the Mi16 had a good chance to cool down - at least they do not squeal anymore!

Back onto the F6, we stopped at Bulli to meet with NTRX - BTW we heard him before we saw him thanks to Hi-Tech's new addition to his exhaust system!! Nice system wink From there it was a leisurely cruise via freeway and country roads into the base of the Cambewarra ranges, into a pretty town called Berry. A farm paddock was used for much needed 'pit-stops', I am sure we got a few funny looks! We followed a brand new yellow CV8 Monaro up onto the mountains - lucky of the colour as he pretty much showed where the road was heading! That road was interesting - mostly 2nd & 3rd gear corners with those uphill hairpins you look for through the top of the windscreen or the sunroof due to the very quick incline they take! I am sure this Monaro had traction control or at least a high resistance to applying the accelorator in the wet! I was anticipating some 'tail-wagging' from him but it did not happen :( :mad: We lost him at a turn off and I had to fend for the group by leaning well forward in the seat and peering through the fog! I think we had 30-50m of vision -I loved it.

We made it to Mt Cambewarra for lunch and what a view - just huge amounts of cloud! It did lift once for a view down into Nowra just to let us know what was down there. We dined with Peacocks/Kooka's and Kurrawongs who enjoyed the hamburger meat immensely. The rain returned at the right time so off we headed for the cars. NTRX had to return to Sydney so it was down to six.

We came down off the mountain like a long snake - all with the mid mounted aerials ensuring I kept track on the numbers. We had a normal trip into the valley due to a bit of holiday traffic returning to Sydney. Once we hit the huge incline onto the Fitzroy Range - the EB Falcon infront found it too difficult to go fast so those nice hairpins you can see on the maps were not approached as quick as we would have liked. The first left hand hair-pin saw this afore mentioned Falcon under-steer so badly, he locked up and crossed onto the wrong side of the road. I almost ducked up underneath him but I was not feeling that cheeky :D That driver I think got very scared about the lack of handling he had so he kept ever corner safe. We backed off and let him go but on corner later - we had caught him already :mad: :mad: We all tried as much as we could to have fun - that was the main thing.
The Froggies made it look so easy due to their wonderful handling capabilities (and drivers :p ).

We copped a bit more rain up the top of the range leading into Mittagong from where we said our good-byes. We all had a great day and pity some of you missed out, maybe next time. The Hume Hwy was pretty congested but still kept flowing well so we were home by 4pm.

So for all of you who came, sorry the digital failed so early - I got five pictures out of the battery, that's all! Time to buy a new one I think! Can't wait to see the scanned pictures in the coming weeks from the 35mm/APS film.

GibGib - is it possible to setup a dedicated area in the 'Past Events' section on the main page, not in the forum???

Well happy 'glancing' and see you next time - not too far away this time huh???????

Cheers
Stu G

Mi16 Man,
I didn't get any emails today (at all).
gibgib@aussiefrogs.com is still not working as a result of bigmailbox service demise.

As a temporary arrangement can you send to <a href="mailto:gibgib@optushome.com.au" target="_blank">gibgib@optushome.com.au</a>.
I will put the pictures up immediately wink

GibGib - is it possible to setup a dedicated area in the 'Past Events' section on the main page, not in the forum???
There is a Past Events area in the site <a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/pe.html" target="_blank">http://www.aussiefrogs.com/pe.html</a>
I can include yours & other's blow by blow of the day by cutting & pasting along with the photos.
Will that be OK?

G'day cruisy froggys,

can't wait to see the 'action' shots...... I nearly bump into Carlos car while his co-pilot was taking photos on the highway (too busy checking my 'hair-do' and looking at the camera) :D :D

Derek, my digicam is Kyocera, you probably never heard of it, i choose it because it's the smallest digicam in the market (at the moment) with a 3.3mega pixels, 2x zoom and 16mb memory card, 15 seconds of videochip (but no microphone function) but the battery runs out very quickly...... Sony & Canon is also good but pricey

can't wait for the next cruise......... hopefully next time my wife (i meant my pug) can go topless....... hehehe :D wink

Wilson

GibGib,

....pe.html looks good! That way our memories are in concrete!

Have re-sent the email to afore mentioned address. I am at mates place due to me being shonky (NB not illegal) with my ISP access. It should come in from cpope@......

Thanks again.
Stu

Stu,

If gibgib still hasn't got them email them to me at derek@ratb.com.au and I'll add them to my gallery I set up with wilsonson's photos.

Derek.