Sub Woofer

Conchristador

Fellow Frogger
What is the best way to run stereo (RCA) cabling from the stereo to the boot of a Pug 205 Gti? I want to put a sub in the boot!

Run them along the bottom of the door sill and under the rear seat into the boot. Make sure you have the power wire for the amp running along on side of the car, and the RCA's remote wire and speaker wires along the other side otherwise you will get alternator whine in the speaker signals...which sounds terrible. Don't use anything less than 8 Gauge wire either for both the positive and earth, which should be as short as possible and firmly bolted to the chassie with teethed washers and scape the paint away from under where the washers will be.

To add to Brads answer, use cable ties to tie the RCA's down or duck/race tape so they don't shafe/rub, as that will quickly wear them out.
Were possible keep them away from the cars wiring, like Brad said, to avoid noise. Also if you must come near power/loom wiring, try to run the RCA's at crossing paths, and avoid paths that put the cables alongside them.
Think also about were peoples feet go specially when doing a suburb safari in the little rockets!lol. hence lay the cable in a safe place.
enjoy chris

ps, Also promise me you will brace the Sub-box/ amp and speakers as tight as possible, safety first please. THE TIGHTER/STRONGER YOU MAKE/BRACE/HOLD THE BOX THE BETTER/LOUDER IT WILL SOUND!!!!

<small>[ 04 August 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: CHRI'S16 ]</small>

nJm:
How easy would it be to stick a small sub in a 505? I guess you put it in the boot?
I never installed in a 505, but like most Pugs its not too hard. Its mainly upto getting the cables through safely and reliably.
And once again bracing/bolting/tackling the Sub-box down.
But seriously its not hard at all. -chris

ps, it also depends on wether you build the sub-box your self.

Hey, it's easy.. I posted a simial answer ago in a similar thread, except i cannot remember the name of it. Anyway, run a cable minium 8 gauge from the battery into a fuse then on the passenger side of the 205 there is a grommet in the fire wall put the cable through, with the help of a stanley knife it should go through, then run the cable along the passenger side of the car against the sill do as the guys above suggested tie wrap or tape into place, mine is taped then into the boot and connect to your amp. Where the rear seat bolts in use this as an earth for your amp. Hope that helps.

I was thinking about putting a sub in my 205, but decided against it. The car rattles enough as it is, I didn't want the issue further reinforced. :)

However, I did install a cd stacker in the boot. just ran the wire under the carpet, to under the back seat, behind the rear interior side panel through to the back.

make sure you dont run the RCA's to close to the efi pump......unless you like a nice high pitch whine :D

How easy would it be to stick a small sub in a 505? I guess you put it in the boot?
Its not hard at all, just follow all the above rules set down by the masters....... and no probs. head_ban

The fixed back seats in the 505 makes some nice securing points for the box, just have to take off the backrests of the rear seats to put the bolt etc through. spanner

In the boot gives good sound, not as distorted as in the cab itself (i tried the sub on the trans tunnel behind the center consol, secured) not reccemended, sounds loud but weird. :confused:

Jono whistle