Still trying to configure my 307 after the flat battery …

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

As per the title, I am still trying to get the multi-function display (and associated computer system) configured in my 307.

After a lot of direction over the past couple of days from @dmccurtayne, I got to two different screens in DiagBox. One looked very promising - until it said that private configuration wasn't allowed on a car after a 2000 year model. I didn't have enough confidence to try 'pretending' that my 2007 model car was a 2000 or earlier year model!

The other route I took has landed me at the screen as shown in the image. Peugeot Planet has stayed open on the laptop because I can't guarantee that I know how to get back to that screen.

So, what does the screen want from me? What's an RPO number, where do I find it, or what should I enter on the screen?

My online searching hasn't produced anything that's helpful to me. But I always acknowledge that I don't use the terms that these search engines want me to use.

Thanks for any help, as always.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Attachments

• RPO.png
    RPO.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 51
the RPO number is a coded date of manufacture. It's found on the door pillar label. Something around 11300 would put the car in 2007. If there is a long number, you need the last five digits.

Post the number if you need a conversion, or use a spreadsheet. 9th November 1976 was day number 1.

A model with a long run usually has changes during that time. This number is needed to pin those down.

Seasink's beaten me to it, but I'm going to post anyway!

RPO number's easy - it's the ORGA number for Peugeots, and translates to the build date.
Open the driver's door, and look for a sticker roughly at level of dashboard. Here's one I prepared earlier:

_DSC1337 (2).JPG

In the bottom segment, the top number appears to read 110/889, but it's badly printed, with the tops of the numbers missing, so it actually reads 1107889.

Ignore the last two digits (which are a code for the factory the car was built in) - this 307's RPO is 11078.

As I said, RPO & ORGA are the same thing - stick your RPO into this ORGA calculator
The one in the photo (11078) decodes to 08 March 2007 - so a T6 (facelift) 307

Thanks, gents.

Using your production date calculator, Alec, I see that my 307 is 8 days younger than yours was/is. And both cars were produced in the same factory.

It is interesting to me that Citroën and Peugeot use different sets of codes for the factory. I would have thought that there might be at least some crossover in the factories and that using a common set of codes would make sense. But what do I know?

As always, thanks for the help!

Now to see if this information gets me any further along the line of setting up the multi-function display.

A side note on that, @dmccurtayne said yesterday that it was the multi-function display having been changed from the original that would cause these problems. I, and others, have been trying to go down the path of the head unit being changed. I know that I wouldn't have thrown the head unit out (it still worked), but the display would have been thrown out a long time ago - at the time it was known for certain that the new, 4 column display was working properly. The old display was so difficult to read, there was no point in keeping it.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Attachments

• RPO.jpg
    RPO.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 46
Thanks, gents.

As always, thanks for the help!

Now to see if this information gets me any further along the line of setting up the multi-function display.
That information certainly has allowed me into the configuration area. But I don’t know what to do now.

I don’t see anything that will allow me to configure the display, if that’s the next step. Whatever is next, I don’t see anything that indicates that I can change the language, or anything else that relates to the display.

There are a couple of options that talk about automatic configuration, but they don’t really give (me) enough information to be confident that something else won’t break.

Anyone here been down this path?

Kind regards,
Andrew

Does pressing the Menu button on the radio give you a config option?

Maybe a radio setting in the BSI config. Don't use auto. Share some screenshots when you get to radio