Start of RER Association !!!

geckoeng

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Just want to add a start to the get together in King's Park, Perth. Sunday 18th December.

It was an idea started by Julian Stewart, as an end of year picnic/BBQ for all the Rear Engine Renaults in Perth area. I think it will also include Renaults with the engines behind the driving seats, as Stef brought his Sport Spider for others to joy rides in the park.

Some declined as it was a bit short notice and so close to Christmas people had other activities planned. As there are a number of RER in the pipeline, we will be growing for next year. And we will advise a date much earlier. Pictures courtesy of JohnW.

A Good gathering.
Ray

RER 2.jpgRER At RER.jpg

Great little meeting it was, too. Thanks to Julian for the suggestion etc. I'd like to see us get this linked with the Renault 4CV Register of Australia, i.e. get more folk in Perth joined up. The Register covers all rear-engine Renaults (i.e. includes quite a few Alpine owners) and is Oz-wide. Our next Muster is in Griffith in April, 2017.

http://www.4cvregisteraustralia.org/ The website may not be quite up to date but the information is correct and the Register very active.

Christmas greetings to all.

Maybe we can organise a one-off meet in Adelaide some time?

Maybe we can organise a one-off meet in Adelaide some time?

That's a good idea! I'll have the R8 there just before Anzac Day.... We could go and check out my mother's old R8 1100, which surfaced in Clare last year, to my surprise and delight.

Geography isn't our best friend, is it?