Spark plug wires 504/505

Doush_504

Fellow Frogger
G'day everyone

Would anyone have a picture with that piece installed please ?

IMG_20220207_110745.jpg

These are photos of two poor old 504s that I have. The one on the left is a 1980 504 with the spark plug lead bracket being moulded into the air cleaner housing. The one on the right is the earlier type with the plastic bracket bolted on to the side of the air cleaner. These are the only arrangements I can recall ever seeing.

1980 504 air cleaner.jpg504 Air Cleaner.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear Peter
Mystery solved ...
Can't thank you enough :love:
I do indeed have the oil bath air cleaner, and by looking into photos, I have found the small hole where the plastic part is bolted.
Thanks again ;)

1644575371463.png

These are photos of two poor old 504s that I have. The one on the left is a 1980 504 with the spark plug lead bracket being moulded into the air cleaner housing. The one on the right is the earlier type with the plastic bracket bolted on to the side of the air cleaner. These are the only arrangements I can recall ever seeing.

View attachment 200350View attachment 200352

Glad to have helped. Not easy to work out if youv never seen one installed before!

For the sake of more info, this 504 air cleaner is similar to the later plastic type but is made of metal. Can you tell? Looking closely at the shoulder closest to the camera, you'll see the remnants of the plastic tag as per Doush's first pic. For whatever reason, Peugeot decided to route the spark plug leads across the front of the air cleaner, over the water pump rather than over the top of the head.

Attachments

• 504 Metal Type Air Cleaner Resized.jpg
    504 Metal Type Air Cleaner Resized.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 82
For future reference

1654771213043.png

View attachment 200350View attachment 200352

For the sake of more info, this 504 air cleaner is similar to the later plastic type but is made of metal. Can you tell? Looking closely at the shoulder closest to the camera, you'll see the remnants of the plastic tag as per Doush's first pic. For whatever reason, Peugeot decided to route the spark plug leads across the front of the air cleaner, over the water pump rather than over the top of the head.
"For whatever reason..... ?" Peter you know the answer.... " 'Cos it's French!" 🤣